malleus x fem!reader

a/n: first request :)) it was a little vague so i decided that the reader is the prefect and i'm also making up school rules bc i'm not going back through the whole game to see if there is any actual rules that i missed. also reader likes to collect fancy knives bc i said so. ur my oc now

tell me what u think if u like it :)

potential tw: knives, no violence tho

"What's that?" Malleus peers over your shoulder, taking a peek at the small box you're holding. 

You nearly jump up from the bench in surprise, whipping around to face the tall fae. Your heart pounds in your chest, still reeling from the near-cardiac-arrest Malleus had just given you, but you take a few deep breaths to steady yourself in favor of not looking like a complete mess.

"Did I startle you? I apologize, that was not my intention whatsoever," he says, eyes wide.

You laugh nervously, not used to him being so close to you. Yes, the two of you were on friendly terms, but it still surprises you each time Malleus seeks out your presence—you're not sure why he insists on hanging out so often, but you're certainly not complaining. He's nice to have around, and you're beginning to get the feeling that you might be seeking something a step above a simple friendship—not that you'd tell him that, however. You didn't want to scare him away.

"You're fine, just caught me off guard is all," you say, smoothing out the wrinkles of your uniform.

Malleus nods, walking to the other side of the bench to sit with you and get a better look at the item in your hands.

It's a simple wooden box with a few small engravings over the lid and rusty hinges, but you give him a bright smile, practically jumping from where you sit on the bench as you hold out the box.

"It's a dagger I bought! Look!" You open the lid of the box to reveal a dagger about eight inches long tucked away in a sheath made of green jade. The handle is white and has been carved into a flower with little gemstones lining each delicate petal. Malleus stares at it, eyes wide.

"You bought a knife?"

"Yeah! It was on sale at the farmers market and, y'know, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! Especially not with how cheap it was."

Malleus nods, not entirely understanding your fascination with the dagger but he certainly didn't want to cut you off. You looked so excited over it; Malleus had seen much more impressive objects in his lifetime that trumped the knife, but something inside of him curled up at the way you looked when you were talking to him about it. He didn't want you to stop under any circumstances.

There was another thought that poked at the corner of his mind, however.

"Isn't it a little dangerous to keep a knife? Whatever would you need that for?" he asks, trying to sound calmer than he felt. Did you feel endangered? Was someone threatening you? He needed to know.

"Nah, I'm just a collector—it's a hobby of mine. I had to agree to a lot of Crowley's terms to get him to agree to this—and argue that technically the ghosts at Ramshackle are adults so he didn't have to supervise me—but it was totally  worth it," you emphasize, carefully pulling the dagger out from it's box.