jade x gn!reader

a/n: howdy

so i think the prospect of the leech twins being actually unhinged is great and ik we already get to see some in the story but i need more. i need a lot more. and if i don't see it, by god i'm willing to make it. also violence is just fun for me to write :)

synopsis: reader is scared of floyd bc he wants to find out, through any means, how the reader feels about his brother. reader has started a habit of running away as soon as they see teal hair, regardless of who it might be

You don't think you'd ever moved so fast in your life. The second that you'd seen a flash of teal hair, you were gone.

It didn't matter if it was your preferred twin coming into view; if Jade was there, Floyd was sure to be close by. And there was no way  that you were going to interact with him ever again, especially not after the way he made you question your mortality.

If you were being honest, you weren't too fond of how your time with Jade had been cut short recently. He was very very nice and patient with you, and he always found a way to make you feel better after a rough day of everyone else dumping their problems onto your sorry self.

If you were being honest, you had been a bit frightened of Jade at the start. He was clinically polite and held you at arms length, keeping his professional air about himself whenever you were near. That, along with the sketchy comments he'd make from time to time and the sharp, uneasy grin that he'd flash you made it near impossible to warm up to him. The more time you spent around him, though, the more he opened up about himself. You were good at listening, which made things a bit easier for him to explain to you the ins and outs of his hobbies, which interested you close to none but the shine in his eye when he spoke made the boredom of his words worth it.

Eventually, you started to develop feelings. It was hard not to, with the way that Jade acted towards you—and only  you. You didn't realize it just yet, but you were the only one who could get away with murder around him. Nothing you did seemed to aggravate him, not even when others were sure your antics would leave you with one less limb.

However, nowadays that didn't stop you from taking off whenever you'd catch sight of one of the brothers.

Floyd had noticed the recent liking that Jade had taken to you, but wasn't sure whether or not you were reciprocating. He'd asked Jade about it, but his brother was always quick to switch the topic to something much more mundane whenever it was brought up.

It was frustrating for Floyd to watch his brother dance around his questions day after day despite already knowing the answer—he'd just wanted to hear it from his brother's own voice—so he moved onto another victim. You.

That was why you found yourself exercising more than you wanted to. You weren't going to slack off and run the risk of getting caught by Floyd fucking  Leech and spend the rest of the day with a headache and rib pain strong enough to render you immobile.

Unfortunately, you weren't fast enough. You heard Floyd charging at you before you felt him crash into your back, toppling you over and nearly breaking your spine with the force of the impact. You groan as he sits up, thankful that the hallway was empty so that you'd be spared of any embarrassment.