jealous!jamil x gn!reader

a/n: minor angst in this one, also set after jamil's overblot. u can tell i went ham w the headcanon's (he's touch starved)

synopsis: jamil likes u, u like jamil, and kalim decides to try and help but jamil thinks he's trying to date the reader. drama ensues. reader is the only one who's able to keep calm

"You know how to talk, right?"

You're taken aback by Kalim's question, blinking a few times, but nod. "I mean...I'm talking right now, aren't I?"

Kalim smiles, clapping his hands together. "Perfect! Then just do that next time you see Jamil!"

Your head drops into your hands. "It's really not that easy..."

You'd been trying to confess to the Scarabia Vice Dorm Leader for the better part of a month now, always failing to do so in the end because you'd get so damn nervous.  You weren't shy,  per se, and you usually took initiative when it came to social relationships, but there was something about the way Jamil looked at you that made you want to curl up and hide because of the embarrassment that came with it.

You'd been frequenting Scarabia in search of advice, going to Kalim more often than not. He was the closest to Jamil so he'd definitely have something helpful to say, right?

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

As nice as he may be, Kalim really had no idea what to do when it came to your little crush. His idea of confessing was to "just say it", but you didn't want to just say it.  You needed to catch Jamil at a good time in a good setting in a good mood so that he knows that you mean  it.

Jamil didn't know that was what you were up to, though.

All he saw was Kalim getting more buddy-buddy with you. His crush.

And he was not happy about it.

He'd confided in Kalim about his feelings for you during a vulnerable moment—which he was sorely regretting now, after seeing the two of you together—and had asked him for advice on how to go about confessing.

Kalim's response had been the exact same as the one he gave you.

"Just tell them!" he says, eyes sparkling as Jamil scrunches his nose up.

"Uh, no. Not gonna happen."

"Well, you like them and I'm sure they like you, so what's the holdup?"

"Exactly. You're sure  they like me," he snaps, crossing his arms. "And whenever you say that, you're usually wrong about it, so forgive me if I'm not too trusting on your judgment right now."

Kalim pouts, deflating instantly. "C'mon, what's so hard about it? Just go up to them and tell them! It's that easy!"