Chp 4. Wake Up Finney!

Enjoyy

Robin suddenly woke up

Robin suddenly woke up. Finney was whimpering and shaking. Robin was scared he didn't know what to do.

He knew he had to help somehow. He moved Finney side to side "wake up Finney" he spoke quietly, no response. "wake up Finney!" he spoke louder, no response. "WAKE UP FINNEY!" he screamed in his ear, Finney jolted awake.

"PLEASE DONT HIT ME" he screamed curling up in a ball on Robin's mattress, soon he realizes it was just a dream, but it felt all too real.

Robin was scared for Finney, he didn't know what had just happened, but he didn't know if he needed space, or if he needed someone.

Robin crawled over to Finney and wrapped his arms around him and his shaking body. "Finney, it's okay please just breathe. I'm here I got you, I got you." Robin spoke rubbing his back.

Robin wished his best friend didn't have to go through this he was only a kid.

Finney was scared, he was shaking, he felt Robin's hands wrap around him and rub his back but he was shaking and crying. He's never had an episode this bad before.

Robin left the room to get him a glass of ice cold water it always seemed to help Robin when he was nervous.

he passed the water over to Finn. Quickly he took a couple of sips before putting the glass down shakily.

"i-i-m sorry it was a bad dream I knew you weren't gonna hit me it just felt so real like I was there again and it all just"

"Finn just calm down and breathe right now you can explain later," Robin said patting his back. "you should try and go back to sleep," Robin said

"y-yeah" Finney laid down on his side facing the wall and Robin laid down facing the back of Finney's head, not super close he wanted to give him space but close enough so he knew that he would never let anything bad happen to him.

both of them successfully went back to bed without waking up.

It was a Sunday morning and Robin wanted to do something fun before the long annoying school week started.

"Finney wake up," Robin said shaking him lightly. "mmm five more minutesss" Finney mumbled dragging out the s. "Finney come on we are gonna have fun!" Robin says. Finney gets up and sits at the edge of the bed for a minute before getting up and walking to the bathroom. Finney walked back into the room, hair brushed, mint-smelling breath.

Robin walked in after getting ready while Finney changed into his room. Once both boys were ready they went downstairs to grab breakfast.

Robin grabbed two pieces of toast and slipped them into his toaster. "is toast fine?" robin asked Finney. "yeah that's good with me"

Once they both ate robin and Finney walked to the grab n go.

But Finney looked over to see a familiar face. it was Bruce Yamada! "Bruce!" Finney called over to the boy leaning against the fence. Robin looked at Finney confused. "you know him?" Robin said "I went up against his team in baseball a few times!"

Bruce heard Finney call his name so he walked over. he noticed Finney was standing with one of the toughest kids in school Robin Arellano.

"hey Finn!" Bruce said flashing a smile.

"hey wanna do something fun with me and Robin?" Finney looked at Bruce. "sure what are we doing?" Bruce said "well I and Robin were walking to grab n go so u can join I guess," Finney said laughing.

Robin however wasn't laughing, he was giving Bruce a death stare.

Robin didn't like how Bruce looked at Finney or how he walked close to him. But Robin just followed and stayed quiet most of the walk. Finney and Bruce chatted about baseball and school.

Robin rolled his eyes. "how come Finney won't even say a word to me it's like I'm not even here." he thought to himself.

They all got to the grab n go. Robin had money so he went off on his own while Finney and Bruce picked out things for themselves. Robin bought chips and a can of grape soda Finney's favorite.

Robin knew Finney liked grape soda so maybe he would say something to him if he saw it.

The three boys walked up to the counter and each one paid for their stuff.

Finney paid for Bruce because he didn't have money.

Robin paid for his things and walked out. Finney and b
Bruce were sitting on the sidewalk while Robin set his stuff down and sat next to Finney. He gave Bruce a death stare hoping he'd get the message but Bruce just looked back and gave him a sweet smile.

"how the hell could someone be so damn nice," Robin thought to himself.

Finney and Bruce had gotten chips and slushies. all the boys were eating their snacks when they saw pinball Vance Hopper walk into the grab-n-go. There was a pinball machine in the store and he was overly obsessed with it.

Finney was a bit nervous, Vance scared him. He was always getting arrested or fighting people. But he knew he had Robin next to him.

Robin and Vance got along pretty well so hopefully, they wouldn't be bothered.

Bruce could feel that Finney was nervous, "hey Finn you okay?" he asked. "yeah, yeah I'm fine Vance just kinda scares me" Finney replied laughing to himself a bit.

Bruce really liked Finney but not in THAT way he thought of Finney as a close friend he could go to about anything or anyone, he was just a super cool person to be around.

Bruce just felt something off. Ever since he'd joined Finney and Robin to hang out Robin had just been quiet. He tried to look at Robin and smile but Robin just glared back at him.

He didn't understand, did he say something or do something wrong? Maybe Robin was just having an off day.

1035 words
Sorry, this took so long to publish, school and everything is super time-consuming and draining I'll try and get another one posted soon!
-chase