Chp 6. Dad

enjoyyy 🙏

"Oh lord, what the fuck happened to you?" was the first thing Gwen said to him

"Oh lord, what the fuck happened to you?" was the first thing Gwen said to him. "Was it Matty again? You know him and his friends are just a bunch of cock sucking cowards!" Gwen says defensively.

Finney didn't wanna worry his sister about his bullies because she was his little sister. If anything he should be the one protecting her! But he just couldn't he was too scared. He wasn't like Robin, he wasn't a fighter.

"No, it wasn't I fell down the stairs going to P.E"
Finney replied shrugging.

As they were walking home they passed Matty and his friends. One of them looked him dead in the eye and said "fairy" under his breath.

Gwen looked back at Finney "What was that?" she said. "Nothing, it's nothing," Finney said laughing to himself.

Once Finney and Gwen finally got home they were met with a drunken dad.

"Why...are you home....late" their dad mumbles. Finney knew his dad wasn't thinking straight, it wasn't even close to being late. "Gwen behind me." Whispers over to Gwen.

She quickly steps behind him fearful of every movement that happens.

Finney puts on a monotone voice "We aren't home late dad no worries."

"So you wanna talk back to me now young man, well let's see we're that fucking attitude gets you!" His dad starts to step toward him unbuckling his belt.

"Gwen go to your room" Finney warns.
Gwen doesn't move, she doesn't want her brother to get hurt.

"Gwen. Go. To. Your. Room. Now." Finney warns in a harsh voice. Gwen quickly speed walks to her room and shuts the door going under her covers not wanting to hear anything coming next.

"Now boy, tell me why you think it's okay to disrespect me and come home late." His Dad states.

"Dad I promise you it isn't late and I didn't mean to disrespect you." Finney keeps his tone steady not showing fear, even though his whole body was practically shaking in fear.

"I TOLD YOU DONT GOD DAMN TALK BACK TO ME!?!" His father screamed swinging his belt in Finney's direction.

It hit Finney on his side, he knew better than to run away from his rage-filled father when he was drunk. It would only make things worse.

He fell to his knees with a wail "DAD PLEASE!" he screamed through sobs.

Then suddenly it felt like he was there again with him and his fucking belt

It felt like The Grabber was beating him not his dad anymore, he was in that dirty old house with the rusty kitchen and the wooden chair.

His only response was to curl up in a ball and hope he could just breathe his way out of this.