Chapter 5

Annabella's POV

I looked up to see my bios beaming with joy and relief and Sandro was showing his emotions. The emotionless idiot was smiling at the thought that I called him my brother.

I was distracted from my thoughts when I heard Carlos speaking
"Ma'am and that Brittany also slapped me and stole one of your dresses."

I was enraged.
"How can she do that to my manager?"
By mood instantly became scary because I saw even Alessandro shifting away from me.

But I remembered Hope being in the room so I immediately cooled down and took him off my speaker.

"Carlos invite the whole DeLuca's to my office and arrange the trials of dresses for teenagers. I want all my best pieces out there that day for a trial. The dresses should be perfect I'll send you the exact size and pack the new set in that size."

"Understood?"
"Yes ma'am."

I immediately disconnected the call and turned towards the family waiting for answers and without giving them any time to talk I spoke up
"Is the dinner ready? I have some work to do".

They knew not to mess with me because I was deadly calm after knowing what had actually happened with my manager.

So without further talking the food was placed in front of me. I thanked the maid and see that it was lasagna
My favourite.

They all digged in while I prayed first. I was taught by my mom to always eat food before you pray. They stopped talking in whispers seeing me pray and waited for it to complete so that we can start together.

After having the first bite I knew it was my mother's recipe and only aunt Naomi knew how to make it after all she taught her. I looked around the dining room and saw aunt standing there crying looking at me. Our eyes met and my eyes watered seeing her there.

We continue to stare at each other while others were busy chatting with each other and I feeded myself with the best lasagna looking at her. It was like she was feeding me with all the love she could muster.

We were interrupted by a high screeching scream that made me cringe and I think Xavier saw me because he looked at me with the knowing look that he could feel why I cringed but continued eating

"Daddy..."
I choked on my food listening to that Xavier started rubbing my back and Hope offered me water.

When I calmed down I looked up to see all my brothers looking at me with humor in eyes because they know exactly what caused my choking fiasco whereas Isa just sat there confused and the adults of the family turned towards me in a questioning manner whereas Brittany was throwing daggers on me.

"Sorry continue"
"Daddy"
And there it was again I cringed. But this time it was seen by everyone.

I could see all my brothers felt sorry about the way I felt about this scenario but what can we do whereas Brittany totally ignoring me complained her daddy about what she was asking for.

I totally tuned her out and my focus was back in my food and Isa. I saw how she had a fear in her eyes. Fear of something I didn't understand. I have to talk to her and let her ease into the situation.