Part 10

The front door opens, and my heart jumps out of my chest.

Will and I just about fly away from each other in a matter of 2 seconds.
The steamy kiss turned into my cheeks turning hot as Louis and Millie stand in the doorway.

"Jesus." I say.

Then it dawns on me. I'm an idiot. I had been so nervous it hadn't registered that Louis would come to pick Millie up, since she didn't have her license yet!
They stand in the doorway wide eyed.

"Well! It was nice seeing you- Leah." Will says.

"Yeah! I had a great time! Get home safe." I say so awkwardly I feel like I'm in a sitcom.

He gets in his car and pulls out of the driveway.

"He's pretty!" Millie comments.

"Thank you, made him myself." I joke.

Louis is still silent.

"Go back inside Millie." Louis says.

Millie nods and just walks inside.

Louis shits the door and walks toward me.
Every step he takes, I realise how tall he is.

"Was that the guy from that party?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah." I say.

He's quiet.

"You can go ahead whore if you want to! It's not like you can say anything I haven't already said to myself." I say loudly, Standing up for myself...kind of.

I think Louis's gonna insult me or something. But he doesn't. It's quiet and then, he punches the tree.
The tree right in our driveway meets Louis's fist and he cracks the bark. His fist is bloody when he pulls it back.

"What the hell Louis?"

"Relax, you're tree will be fine." He says angrily

"You know I'm not talking about the tree!" I yell and I take his fist in my hand.

Blood gets all over my hands.
I take a flannel out of my bag and wrap his hand in it before he rips it away.

"Stop acting like you care."

"I do care!"

"You're really pretentious." He says and he yells for Millie and walks to the car, blood still dripping from his hand.

Before he gets in I mutter "I don't know what I did..."

"You didn't do anything!" He nearly yells as he gets into the car and Millie follows soon after.

~
I put the flannel in the wash and start cleaning
My room to a true crime podcast.

Every hour or so the event of that morning replays in my head, burning my brain all over again.

What the fuck was that? I mean, is Louis interested in me? He's never cared who I'm with or who I'm dating. He caught me at one of our Christmas parties once at second base with Jason.
I mean, he just never acted like he gave a shit. But today? No one has ever acted that obsessed with me. And I'm not sure I liked it. The evil side of me enjoys the power. But the decent human part, understands that Louis probably doesn't like me, and the way he treated me the past few days has been horrible. He's made me understand that we can't be friends. He's made me his enemy. And I'm okay with that.
Fuck him, he has no right. I'm gonna make him hate me. I'm gonna make him realise that no one can walk all over me like that anymore.