{Chapter_3/Binding_Roads}

Mr Cheese

I was both angry and confused. I heard Duncan being murdered the same day I was set free! Gosh, why can't I remember who stabbed him? But yeah. I heard someone murder Duncan with my own sense of hearing! Yeah, I was still a No-Visor when it happened.

"Duncan?! Docktor?!" I heard Mr Egg exclaim. The doctor was a bit better. He had a reason. His son.

"Sorry Doctor, but who are these intruders?" Murmured a tired voice from the Medicals. He stepped out, and sure enough, it was No-Visor. But something was off. He looked... smaller, and somewhat human? The main question I had right now was: did he not recognise us? He sounded tired, so maybe he couldn't really concentrate.

"Ah you're awake. Yeah you may not remember these guys, but you kind of..." Dr Docktor trailed off.

"You killed us. And sorry for thinking you were just an urban legend..." Ria replied nervously. I don't know why she was scared, he probably couldn't do anything bad at the moment, considering the amount of bandages he had on. But No-Visor looked confused and scared. I remember thinking: Wow, he's an impressive actor.

"Wh-why did I kill you...? Also what do you mean by me being... an urban legend? Sorry, Doctor "Dumb-Name" over here says I have memory loss." No-Visor added a bit of sourness to that last part. But in fairness, I don't blame him. Dr Docktor was a bit of a dumb name to have. But memory loss? I found that a little hard to believe.

"Excuse me, but did I hear that right? MEMORY LOSS?!"

So Mr Egg couldn't believe it either. I laughed. Why was he acting?! Why did he pretend to forget us? I didn't get it. Until...

"Um, guys? What are these files on the ground?" We all turned over to Ria, and sure enough, there were at least 10 sheets of inky paper on the ground. I went in after Mr Egg, and also spotted a computer. Someone forgot to turn this off...

Looking at it again, maybe he was telling the truth

Looking at it again, maybe he was telling the truth... Or it was some sort of scheme put together by Duncan. I decided to play along for the sake of it.

"Ok then. Do you remember your name or have a name that you want to go by?" I asked No-Visor. The others all turned towards me, but I gave The Gentleman, Ria and Mr Egg a wink to show that I was playing along.

"Wait... You believe me? Also... No I don't remember my name. But I think..." No-Visor trailed off as he tried to think. "Noah! I'll go by that."

"Sorry, my apologies but I don't really think that Noah suits you." Murmured The Gentleman. No-Visor, or Noah now, whipped his head towards The Gentleman in a way that made him look deranged.

"It's my name now whether you like it or not." He snapped. Ok that element of scariness had NOT left him. The Gentleman stepped back nervously, but Noah was already provoked. He reached out his hand, and in a flash, around ten ink spikes surrounded The Gentleman, each only an inch away from poking his head. So his abilities weren't gone either. But I don't think he knew that...

-_-_-_-_+_-_-_-_-

Noah

I stood there in shock, trying to process what I had just done. I had... abnormal abilities?! No, that can't have been. I relaxed my hand, and sure enough, the spikes sank back into the ground. I felt my heart rate spike up for ten seconds. I needed space. I ran off to records and plonked myself behind one of the bookshelves. Was I... a monster?

"Noah." I heard someone behind me. I turned my head around, and it was Duncan.

"L-Leave me alone! I-I don't want to hurt you..." I whimpered, turning my head away from Duncan to hide the tears that were running down my face. He just sat down beside me, smiling. He didn't seem startled by what I did, and was somewhat happy.

"Noah, I can answer your questions, just... let me." He sighed. I slumped into the ground, finding it hard to believe him. What if he was trying to trick me? But still, it would explain why he was calling me master when I first woke up. I hoisted myself to sit in a more comfortable position, and turned to him again.

"Go on..."