{Chapter_8/Near_The_Brink}

The Gentleman

Mr Cheese was asleep for over half an hour before he slowly opened his eyes. I'm not sure if it was just me, but his visor seemed to be slightly red and cracked. But nevertheless he was happy to see me when he woke up.

"You'll never guess what I can do now..." He laughed on the bed. He began to explain what he saw when he was asleep. How Noob, Blue, and Not-Orange were caught, all about Pylare and Ardein and why they were after Noah, how Pylare somewhat created Ardein, and how he thinks they'll both get together once, or if they're back to normal. Or earlier.

Nevertheless I was still worried. Whatever Captain had done to Mr Cheese, it was getting to him. And if he kept doing this, it could get worse. Worse to the point where he gives in.

Dr Docktor came in again a few minutes later. Along with Noah and- Wait Baggy and Blondie?! I thought they were dead?! Nevermind. Baggy came over and hugged Mr Cheese immediately.

"Cheese Louise!" Laughed Mr Cheese. "I thought you two had died!" Blondie just smiled. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Noah being scanned by Dr Docktor. I ignored it and turned to the other three. However, around three seconds later, there was a loud shriek from Noah. Something was going wrong...

_-_-_-_-_+_-_-_-_-_

Noah's POV

It hurt. It hurt so much. I didn't know what was happening, but my eyes had started bleeding and they were glowing. I don't know if this is something to do with my past life, or if it's a new ability. Some of my skin even started turning black. I was scared. I didn't know what was happening to me. I felt like an imp transforming into a demon.

I wanted to know what's going on. I had to. The most Duncan told me was that I had ghost-like abilities, good swordplay skills, and ink manipulation. He never told me my real name, or what I truly am. I needed to find answers before it was too late.

I turned to Dr Docktor, to see him looking through his notes.

"Hmm, this is... Interesting." He muttered to himself, before turning to me. "Noah, it's clear that you're becoming more advanced with your powers. I've called someone... Special... To help you control them."

Dr Docktor then went off to make a phone call. I couldn't help but wonder... What was I? Is my black skin a part of who I was...? Who I am?

_-_-_-_-_-_