{Chapter 9/ Project_Y.E.S.}

Dr Docktor

I had finished the call with Noah's new mentor. She was going to help him control and strengthen Noah's powers. I'm calling it... Project Y.E.S. (Yconomus. Educatio. Sucessuss.) It's Latin. I studied it a lot when I was my son's age. But nevertheless, I knew that Noah's mentor would help him. He needed it. A lot. It would take around an hour for the mentor to get here. After all, it's not like she can just travel through alternate universes with a snap of her fingers. That stuff takes time.

It was around now that I realised I needed to check on Mr Cheese again. I went over to the bed that Mr Cheese was at, and immediately, I knew he was getting worse. But he didn't look like he was in pain, so that was good at least. And besides, the Gentleman was minding him, so that also gave me a little comfort. But he was getting worse, and I knew we'd need to keep him away from the rest of the crew. So I went over to him and decided to tell him what was going to happen.

"Look, Mr Cheese..." I began. "Your condition is obviously getting worse. We're going to need to isolate you from the crew in case you snap."

By the look on Mr Cheese's face, I could tell that he wasn't pleased.

"I can manage, Doc! It's not like I'm gonna infect you or anything!" Mr Cheese responded in his usual snarky tone.

"Well by the look of your condition, it's clear that you might. You may not want to, but Pylare and Ai-" I stop myself. "Ardein... Have different plans."

Mr Cheese rolled his eyes. "If you say so..." He groaned. "But can Gentleman visit me?"

"At a distance. Now come on." I put my gloves on and dragged Mr Cheese to his cell in the brig. I'm surprised that's still intact. But at least it can keep Mr Cheese from escaping and putting the rest of the crew in danger. Not long after I had locked the cell, I felt a nudge from beside me.

"Doc, there's reports of two other survivors." Duncan informed me. "Should we go and look for them?" I was quite surprised. I thought all the survivors were here. But if there were more, we would need them.

"Send out Poopyfarts, Mr Egg, The Gentleman, and Wizard. They're most likely to survive." I ordered Duncan. He nodded and went off to inform the other survivors. There was a loud growl from Mr Cheese. I didn't know why, but I knew I had to get out of there. Maybe it was something to do with me sending the Gentleman and Mr Egg off together... Never mind. Now that I think about it, the pairings could've been waaaay better. My thoughts continued to drift until I heard a loud bang outside. A multidimensional bang, to be specific. I rushed outside to where it came from, not caring about whether or not the locks for Mr Cheese's cell were secure. But aside from that, Noah's new mentor was here. That was... Fast. But what am I saying, she has multiple abilities that are the same as Noah. She spoke to me in a very polite voice.

"You called, Doc?"

I nodded.

"Welcome to this universe... Yves."