🦋 LXXI.

"Dr. Frigus, why are you crying?" 

I stopped crying when I heard her. I looked at her with my eyes full of love and joy. Now that I see her, and know her more, I finally realized that she somehow looks like her Mother. From her hair to nose, down to lips and attitude. She got my eyes, cheeks, and brain of course, Farah should not compete with me for that.

Now that she has my eyes, I can't help but to feel hurt and sad for my wife. Everyday she'll see Friah, with my eyes like hers. I can't imagine how much she endured all the pain and sadness. 

But I won't blame my child. No, I won't. Walang kasalanan ang anak ko sa kalungkutan at sakit namin ng asawa ko. She's a blessing. Binigay sa kalagitnaan ng krimen kaya biyaya siya para sa 'min. 

I hugged her tight as we both laid down on the bed. I even sang a song for her just to make her fall asleep again. Nakakatawa dahil hindi ko inisip na iba siya nung hindi ko pa alam na anak ko pala siya.

"Mommy, Daddy's crying…" nanaginip na sabi niya.

Natawa ko at pinatakan siya ng halik sa noo. Tinawag niya 'kong daddy… Ang sarap sa pandinig, sobra. 

But just like what Farah said in her letter, I cannot tell the public that she's mine yet. Culprits might do something to her if they find out about it so I'm keeping her away from people for a moment. I'll bring her wherever I go just to make sure she's gonna be okay.

I texted Edward if he could come with us at the mall and if he could spare us some of their bodyguards, he didn't ask why but said yes instead. He knew me too well huh, asshole.

"P're, nakakatakot ka, bakit nanghihingi ka ng guwardiya?! Ayaw mo bang ako na lang? I'll protect you, p're!" loko-lokong sabi niya.

"Shut up and just walk, asshole!" bulong ko.

I was looking at Friah who's busy choosing a toy. Nagulat pa ako ng pagpilian niya kung ano ang mas mura sa dalawa. Maybe Farah didn't want her to be spoiled 'no? That's good, she did a great job raising her alone. Nakihinga ko ng maluwag dahil doon.

"Oo, p're! Dapat ako na lang! Laslasan ko 'yan ng lalamunan-" 

Tinakpan ko 'agad ang bibig niya dahil lumapit si Friah para ilagay sa basket 'yong laruan. Kinuha niya 'yong barbie na kulay pula ang buhok at may buntot. 

“P’re, alam ko namang anak mo ‘yan eh! Never ka pang nagbaby-sit ng pasiyente mo gago!” mariing bulong niya sabay tawa. 

Ngumisi lang ako sakaniya na nagpatakip sakaniya ng bibig niya. Umakto siyang gulat at napahawak pa sa dibdib ang gago.

"P're! Kanino 'yan?! Hindi mo naman sinabi na nakatira ka na ng tres!"

"It was a long time ago since I did that! Shut up, Man! We're with a kid!" I said.

"Mr. Doctors! Were you talking about basketball po?" Friah asked, curiously.

I glared at Edward because of that. He laughed awkwardly and went to Friah to carry her. I putted my hands in my pocket and followed them. This crackhead kept telling her excuses but I know she won't believe any of that because she's smart like me and her Mom.

"Basketball aren't for girls, okay? I mean it is also for girls but, the basketball we've been talking about a while ago, is different!" Edward said.

"Why different, Tito? Me and my Aunty-Ninangs, we play basketball at our backyard! Tati-Chelsea and Tata-Maeve is so good at that! And…and Tita-Mommy is so good making ice creams!"

"You have so many aunt huh?" Edward asked, pinching her cheeks. Tinapik ko kasi baka lumawlaw.

"Yes! Tita-Ninang's name is Audrey, while Tita-Mommy is Soleniana! They're so gorgeous!" 

"Who's your Mom?"  Edward asked.

"My Mom is Fa-"

I grabbed Friah out of his hands. I think he should not know about it yet. Especially if kay Friah pa manggagaling. For sure magdadrama na naman 'yan. Drama queen 'yan eh.

"Bro, I think that guy's following us." Edward said.

Before I could even look, we heard a loud bang so we hid inside the fitting room.

"Mommy…" I heard Friah said.