9. Monaco Grand Prix

(Fictional racing scenario)

The continuous sound of talking and cheering, and a little music flooded into the air. Everyone walking by had an optimistic smile on their face as if it were Christmas morning.

The vibe in the air was a good one, and it especially was for you and Charles. Today was the day of the infamous Monaco Grand Prix; and you were the official girlfriend of Charles Leclerc.

You two had announced it a few weeks ago; after a time period of unease about the ordeal that happened with your father. As of now, you couldnt be happier. You were on top of the world.

The humming purr of Charles's 488 Ferrari fizzled out as he expertly manuevered into his parking spot by the paddock. You turned to your handsome driver and smiled, "are you ready for today my love?". You reached up your hand to his head and playfully ran your fingers through his soft brown hair, ruffling it up.

He looked down to you and couldnt help but beam in admiration at his girl. "Yes, I'm happy you are here Julia. Although race days do get a little crazy when you are on the drivers side of things"

You leaned over the centre console of the car, transfixing your blue eyes lovingly into his, "Well lucky enough for me I have my own driver to help me navigate".

You recieved a grin from Charles, displaying his perfect pearly white teeth. He reached out to gently grab the bottom of your chin and pulled you in for a kiss.

You lightly draped your arms around his broad shoulders and fluttered your eyes closed, savoring the moment. His lips tasted so sweet, like a cherry flavored lollipop on a summer day.

His expensive cologne filled your senses and sent butterflies to flutter around your brain. He smelled so good, indescribably, he smelled like a hot man.

You felt enveloped in his love as he pulled you closer to him, almost into his lap over the console. You wanted to kiss Charles Leclerc forever. The saccharine taste of his breath, his toungue, his teeth, were irresistable.

Your long wavy hair fell into your face as he placed his hands around the small of your waist. You eventually pulled away from his grasp, turning your head to the side and revealing your blushed cheeks.

Charles only responded by landing a series of kisses to the side of your face, turning you into a fit of flirty laughter. "Charles, the time!". What felt like a mere few seconds had actually been ten minutes and he was on the verge of being late.

"Wait there baby, " Insisted Charles as he emerged from the driver's seat and swung around to your side of the car and open the door. Although unessesary, he extended a hand to help you out which you graciously accepted.

Charles collected his backpack from the trunk and guided you through the driver's entrance to the paddock.

Your smile was the largest in the crowd as you followed Charles down the paddock row, amongst the hustle and bustle of everyone around you.

Your collared Ferrari shirt given to you from Charles blended you into the crowd. You were proudly sporting it, to feel like a member of the team as a whole. You also wore some cute form-fitting jeans.

You had paired your outfit with diamond bracelets and some matching diamond earrings. You had minimal summer makeup, and black satin pumps with a Chanel classic flap tucked underneath your arm.

You looked to Charles who was happily greeting everyone on the walk and signing away as many signatures as he could. You felt so proud of him, and stood there and watched him rejoin you after a few minutes of getting swooped away by a crowd of people.

"Sorry about that Julia," he remarked, and as he got closer you began to smell his intoxicating cologne. You took a step back, "no no Charles, go ahead with what you have to do," you quickly assured, and then countered yourself jokingly; "Hey, why dont I have anything signed by you yet?"

He looked sarcastically annoyed, "I didnt know I was dating a fan," he said jokingly back. He aqquired a Sharpie from somewhere and popped off the cap, turning all of his attention to you. "Alright, where do you want me to sign?"

Your cheeks spawned a rosy veil as you realized he was actually going through with it.

Charles was a beam of light. He looked angelic, his hair slightly grown out and swooshing in every which way, his sparkling green eyes which turned to look down at you, then his lips instantly bursting into a smile.

"Here," you pointed to the red fabric underneath the cluster of sponsors. He gently grabbed onto your shoulder to pull the shirt taught and scribbled out a perfect signature.

You looked down at the young driver's mark, sitting right below your chest "Not bad, thank you."

"And I can sign other things later if you would like" He replied with a wink.

"Charles!" you exclaimed, still fully aware of the presence of the others in the paddock walking by.

Charles continued to hand out signatures and check in with his people at Ferrari. After one last kiss and a thousand good-lucks, you parted ways.

...

The roars of the crowd got even louder as the time ticked down until the race. There were thousands of banners and flags, with a sea of rainbow colored hats.

You watched the driver's parade from a balcony suite above the Ferrari pitbox. You didnt have pit entry for this race, so you resorted to the comfort of the lounge.

They finally embarked in a trail of classic cars, waving to all the fans hungry for some Formula One action from their favourite drivers.

You watched the sparkling blue water twinkle in the distance, reflecting the powder colored sky dotted with imposing clouds. It was a truly beautiful summer day in Monaco. Today was an old fashioned jazz melody.

Throughout the race you watched the cars flash round and round the track. Unfortuately a large collision at the start of the race took out a few lowfielders, but nobody was injured.

Your eyes were glued to the score screen, and the occasional flash of red through the main straight.

Your lucky number 16 was doing pretty well, he was in a fight with Russell for third despite his qualifying position of fifth.

He was entering the final chicane, .277 seconds behind, the crowd screamed for their local Monegasque driver. You eagerly stood from your chair and went to lean on the railing, crane your neck to glimpse the excitement.

Charles ended up past Russell, and finished third to take a podium finish. Compared to Ferrari's overall performance this season, it would aid them into a huge help in terms of points.

As Charles walked across the podium to take his place, the volcano of the croud finally burst it's lid. An eruption of cheers broke out, causing even the other drivers to feel happy for him.

As the champage began to spray, you looked down to Charles's signature on your shirt, realizing truly how much it meant to you. ❤️