13. World Champion

That day, Andresano's yacht had been destroyed by a Russian missile from an unsuspecting enemy. Immediately a cover story was formed, and the whole incident blew over quite quickly.

It had put Andresano into a terrible mood for the rest of the week however. You had spent it at the factory, mindlessly attending meetings; pretending to care.

Everything had gotten so routinely unbearable that you had to do something about it. This life with Andresano was simply not for you. And this vital descision was the turning point that would shift the course of your life forever.

It was Saturday night, and Charles had just overcome a long day of qualifying, press conferences, and overall pressures of what tomorrow would bring. He had qualified p4, which only magnified the buzzing stir of everyone really on his importance of bringing home the victory tomorrow. The golden light from the sun had set, and his hotel room had faded to be dim. He paced back and forth from his bed post to the closet door in the imposing shadows. His head swam with thoughts, his insecure mind entertained with the shallowest thoughts about Julia. He hadn't heard from her in weeks and was begining to get worried. He knew she was preoccupied with family matters, but couldn't help but entertain the thought of her out there with another guy. I mean, she easily cheated on Laurent so what would it take for another?
Charles changed into his lucky red pajama bottoms and brushed his teeth all while feeling a bit numb.

He was about to crawl in bed when he heard a soft knock at the door. He froze, then slowly made his way to it, heaving it open.

Your knees gave out. The sight of your Charles after so long made you yearn for his prescence. As soon as you saw him in the doorway, with his familiar messy brown hair and glowy eyes, you collapsed into his strong arms. Tears pooled into your eyes, dribbling down the sides of your swollen face.

"Julia! You are here! I ca- can't believe it!"

"Oh Charles! I should have never left your side! All this time everything I ever wanted was right here with you!"

You immediately knew that you had made the right decision. Charles wasnt just some "fucking racecar driver" as Andresano had put it. He was your whole world.

Charles picked you up and brought you to the bed, where you both fell asleep in angst of the day tomorrow.

-

And today was the day. The sun glinted over the horizon of beautiful Zandvoort. Rays like toothpicks weaved through the city skyline, reflecting off the tall glassy buildings.

You both immediately became alert at the sound of Charles's alarm, not wasting a second to jump up and begin getting ready. The rich comforter was twisted and turned as a result of restless sleep. The whole room really was a mess. Clothes, suitcases, and equiptment were strewn everywhere in an anxiety induced intent.

"Good morning, Darling" You said gently, planting a soft kiss to Charles's forehead and tenderly grabbing the back of his head. "Good morning," Charles replied as he looked up at his gorgeous girlfriend showering him with affection.

His heart started beating faster; he really did love you with everything he had. After a few good-morning kisses, you both had gotten up towards your shared ensuite bathroom.

You left your hair down, twisting it slightly into waves. You unfortunately only had your clothes from yesterday to wear, but Charles loved them anyways. Charles ran his fingers through his hair and stared at his reflection in the mirror intently.

After a "sub par" qualifying result, Charles had a lot of ground to make up starting further down on the grid. With this setback; and Russel, Hamilton and Verstappen at the front, the odds werent the best for Charles this race.