Chapter 24

The moment you heard about Viggo wanting to meet at a certain time in a certain place had scared the crap out of you.

'He's going to kill you John!'

'I know'.

'You kn- Jesus John, are you serious!?'

You follow him around the room, 'you can't be serious? You're going in there alone?' John shook his head, 'I won't be alone and Viggo will know that as well. So we'll have to be careful'.

'Wait, who else is going with you?'

'Marcus'.

'That's all?'

John nods as he shoves a gun in his holster, 'yes, that's all', you don't like it. Just the two men, it was too dangerous and what if whatever plan they had, backfired? Then what?
You jumped when John suddenly touched your cheek, 'it'll be alright, but please, do not come out and find me. I want you here, do you hear me? I want you to be safe'.

'But-'.

'No buts'.

You felt like a child, being told what to do, but you knew that John wasn't playing around. He didn't want you to get hurt, though you didn't really care.

'I have to go'.

He suddenly says and you grab his arm, 'please- John, just say no, don't go out there!' He pulls you in and kisses you gently, 'I'll be back, I swear'.

'Don't make promises you can't keep John'.

The softness in his eyes disappeared before he nods, 'I promise', your heart is racing when he says that to you, you better come back you bastard.

You pace back and forth in the lobby where John had left you. He was gone and you had watched him walk out that door with Marcus.

'He will be fine'.

You jump when Charon appeared next to you. This was the most he has ever spoken, so this must have been a special moment.

'I don't know... I don't trust this situation'.

The man shrugged gently, 'that will be something you will have to decide', you find that quite odd and you look over at him, 'what do you mean? It's something I will decide?'
The man kept silent as he walked back to the reception desk, leaving rather confused. You look back at the door of the hotel, one that was currently being fixed, this guy will kill John and I'm sitting here waiting for John.

'Fuck this'.

You head up to your room to grab your jacket. John was out there with Marcus, but he was in trouble, you just knew that he was in trouble.
The thought of him being shot to death, or having his throat slit... It was terrible and it made you sick to the bone.

'Charon?'

The man looked up from his books, 'you want to know their whereabouts?' You frown at his question, 'wait- hold on you know where they are?'

'Of course. They are in Alpine Avenue near West View'.

'... Jesus, thanks'.

You realize how much that man payed attention, I hope he gets paid a lot.