Chapter 28

'Sorry to disrupt anything'.

Max quickly chuckles and you shake your head, 'no you're not distrupting anything, this is John, he's my neighbour'.
Max gives John and quick wave and you see his jaw tense, 'hey buddy, I hope we didn't wake you or anything'.

'No, I was already awake'.

There it was, you could hear it in his voice. He wasn't very happy.

That's not my problem.

'Anyway, I gotta go, I'll let you know about my schedule'.

He gives you a quick peck on the lips, hops into his car and drives off, leaving you and John alone. But you weren't going to be standing out here forever so you turn and head up the pathway to your house.

'(Y/N)'.

You hear John call after you but you ignore him, though you do leave your front door open because you know John was following you.
You hear him enter the house and follow you into the kitchen where he manages to grab your arm, 'hey, stop walking away from me', he says too calmly and his voice sends shivers down your spine.
You whurl around to face him, all the while trying to rip your arm out his grip but you fail at that, 'what the fuck are you doing here John- okay, I know you live across the damn road'.

'What're you doing?'

'Huh?'

'With that man'.

'That- you mean Max? What the fuck do you think I was doing?'

'You went on a date with him?'

His grip loosened and you pulled away from him, 'yeah? So? I went on a date with him', John was silent and god forbid you think you made him speechless.

'You... Went on a date with him'.

It wasn't so much of a question, it was as if he was just clarifying it, 'yes John, I went on a date with him, now can you please leave'.

'(Y/N) I-'.

He had taken a step towards you but you shook your head, 'no John, I can't deal with this tonight, we're through'.

'No, we're not'.

Uh say what?

You glare at him, 'what the hell do you mean, we're not?' John takes another step towards you and this time you take a step back, 'John, just leave. Go home and forget about this, about everything'.
He doesn't stop pacing towards you and you keep on moving back until the lower half of you back hit the edge of the island bench and you have no choice but to lean back agains it, knowing that John has you pinned.
He stops right in front of you, in less than an arms length, 'I know what I said to you back then, but I only want to keep you safe'.

'John don't start with this, we're through and I don't care about what you say right now'.

'I think you do care (Y/N), you do care about what I say right now'.

You suddenly shove him back, almost catching him off guard, 'fuck you John just- fuck you! Get out of here!' You go to shove him again but this time he's ready and he catches your by the wrists and you begin to fight him.
You wrestled against him but you could only do so much until he has you up against the island counter once more. He's not hurting you, but he has a firm grip on your arms.

'Please, stop fighting me'.

John says gently as he presses his forehead against yours. The gesture was intimate and gentle, something that John liked to do, now that you realized it.
You turn your head away quickly, 'get off me John and get out', you say through gritted teeth, but you also don't want him to go. Tears threatened to fall as you think about what you're doing.

'I shouldn't have said what I said back then. I just wanted to keep you safe'.

He whispers into your ear but you shake your head, 'I don't care John', he pulls you close to him, 'yes, you do care, and I know that you know it'.

He's right, you do care but you're bloody stubborn.

You begin to fight him once more but he overpowers you easily now that he has you in his arms, 'don't fight me', he gently whispers into your ear and you find that you're beginning to relax. It wasn't like John was here to hurt you, he would never do that and you knew that.

'You hurt me'.

You finally whisper but you don't look at him and John presses his lips against you temple, 'I know, and I'm sorry', he then gently kisses your cheek, 'I'm sorry for what I said to you', he suddenly pulls away from you and you realize that you want him to keep holding you, but you pushed the feeling down, 'I'm sorry for what I said', he says clearly, 'but I'm not sorry for what I did-'.

You were shocked by your actions. You didn't realize you had hit him, before you knew it, John's face whipped to the side, oops.
He stands there for a few moments, and hisses and he moves his jaw, 'I'm sorry', you quickly whisper, your voice has broken under stress.

'I know, I'm sorry too'.