*Beru nya Peeman!!

After a very long while of traveling through the path and rocky terrain, the trio finally make to Liyue Harbour and find themselves on one of the many streets of the city.

"If you wanna find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year. Guess it's a good thing Venti brought it up earlier, otherwise we definitely would've missed this year's Rite of Descension." Paimon says.

"Do you know when it is?" Asked Aether as Xuan was looking around the place in awe.

While the two were busy chatting Xuan went off wondering around the city and gazed at every little thing with child like wonder. It was the very first time the boy has ever been inside Liyue Harbour and he was already enjoying his time here.

The dual haired boy soon found himself at Yujing Terrace and saw a large crowd of people; curious he walks up to the crowd and easily made his way to the front, by shoving a few people and ignoring their complaints.

"There you are." Said a voice as a hand was put on Xuan's shoulder.

Xuan swiftly turns around and is relieved to see it was just Aether.

"You shouldn't go wondering off like that." Aether says as Paimon nods.

"Who knows what trouble you could've gotten into! Speaking of trouble, you didn't get into any trouble, right?" Paimon queries Xuan as she put a hand of her chin and leaned in close into Xuan's face with a judging gaze.

"Nye. Beru nya Peeman." Xuan says as he pushed Paimon away by her face.

"Hey! Don't call Paimon that! Also, let go of my face!" Shrieked Paimon while Xuan blew a raspberry at her.

"Guys, calm down now - the Rite of Descension is about to begin!" Aether said as he seperated the two from on another.

·

Under Ningguang's direction, the Rite begins right on time, with Liyue's god showing up as promised. However as the clouds dissipated, the crowd of people watch in dread as the lifeless corpse of their deity drops onto the offering table.

After closer inspection from the Tiangheng herself, she utters the most unbelievable words, "Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits!"

Not too long after, Millelith guards swarm the Terrace and do as told.

"Wha... what's going on!? Did she just say Rex Lapis is... the Geo Archon... is... DEAD!?" Paimon exclaimed as Xuan crossed his arms as he rolled his eyes.

"Yes Peeman... the rock god is dead." Xuan carelessly remarks as he looked over at the Archon's supposed corpse.

"Could you take a few moments to actually care about the situation! This is serious!" Paimon scolded the boy and Xuan only sighed while shaking his head - deciding to listen to Paimon so she could shut up.

"Looks like the Millelith is nabbing suspects who got too close." Aether says as he looked over at the guards.

"Paimon's freaking out. The killer is amongst us! Wait... we got close... are we suspects!? Wait, where are you two going?" Paimon questions as she saw Aether and Xuan leaving the place.

"We go. Bye!" Xuan says to Paimon.

"Hold on! Wait for me!" Paimon exclaimed after following the two.

·

After cautiously making their way out, avoiding the watchful gaze of the Millelith, the trio were almost out scot-free, but before they make it far from the scene of the crime, one little misstep alerts them to their presence - Aether accidentally stepped on some random tile.

Once caught, the three quickly break for it; however, they're soon cornered and Aether along with Xuan draw out their weapons.

"Hey there you two - hold still." Said a voice and a mystery man suddenly lands in front of them and helps them escape the Millelith for good.

·

"Phew... Paimon's exhausted..." Paimon pants as she spoke

"You is one to talk... you fly, we run." Xuan says as he puts his hands on his hips.

"Just what muscles does magical floating use exactly?" Aether remarks as he finally caught his breath.

"So insensitive! You have no idea just how tiring floating arou-- wait! Just who are you exactly?" Paimon asked as she turned over to mr mystery man.

"Call me Childe."

"Childe? What, so we're supposed to dote on you?" Paimon remarks.

"Haha, no no, not at all. It's an alias of sorts. In Mondstadt, I don't suppose you came across a 'Signora' by any chance?" Childe asked.

"Signora... Childe... you're Fatui! One of the Harbingers!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Oh, no. Don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight. Signora gave you quite the bad impression huh? Tsk, that woman... can't say I'm a fan either. Right, let's forget all about her, shall we? I'm here to help you." Said Childe.

"Help?" Aether and Xuan question.

"Yes. Help."

---