*Dier!!

The moment they arrived at their destination, Xuan couldn't help but stare in awe when he saw Moon Carver. He's never seen an odd yet intriguing creature before.

"And who might we be? Those that dare enter Jueyun Karst?" Moon Carver questions and Aether showed him the Sigil of Permission.

While Paimon and Aether talked with Moon Carver, Xuan kept staring at him in amazement.

"It's the assassins! They dared to flee here to Jueyun Karst!" A Millelith Sergeant exclaimed and the others turn over to look at him.

"Sir, we've already stepped too far into Jueyun Karst ourselves..." A Millelith Soldier notes.

"We... argh, there's no choice. Apprehending the assassins is top priority, we must press on!" Yelled the Millelith Sergeant.

"...disturbing our borders. See them gone. One will not have interruption." Said Moon Carver and Xuan was quick to pull out his axe and charge at them with Aether doing the same.

·

After the Millelith were defeated, Xuan triumphantly laughed as he dug the heel of his foot in the chest of the Millelith Sergeant.

"You... won't get--" The Sergent was then cut off when Xuan drops his axe handle on his gut.

The Sergeant groaned in pain and soon yelp in disgust when Xuan spat in his face.

"Beru nye." Said Xuan as he chuckled before going over to Aether, Paimon and Moon Carver; listening in the conversation.

Aether and Paimon were telling Moon Carver what happened at Yujing Terrace; with the Adeptus not being very pleased.

"Preposterous... PREPOSTEROUS!!! The Liyue Qixing... utterly disappointing. How could someone possibly assassinate Rex Lapis during the Rite of Descension... and then place suspicion upon the attendees!?" Moon Carver roared in anger before taking a moment to compose himself.

"Traveler, of the unjust accusations placed upon you, one has become aware. The mind knows its answer. Though one must consult with one's fellows, lest the mind be misguided. Go. Take your Sigil of Permission, carry with you a message." Said Moon Carver.

"Who should I look for?" Aether asked.

"Mountain Shaper and Cloud Retainer can be found here. Only fate will decide if you shall find them - only fate. There exists a Conqueror of Demons, a Guardian Yaksha. Go to Wangshu Inn. There you shall seek him." Moon Carver explained.

The Adeptus then side-eyed at Xuan when he saw the boy trying to brush his hands against his fur.

"Come on Xuan, let's go!" Aether said as he sheepishly smiled at Moon Carver before grabbing and dragging the dual haired boy along with him.

·

The trio arrive at Wangshu Inn and Aether makes sure that Xuan doesn't go off wondering somewhere else.

Paimon and Aether then decide to take a good look around the balcony for Xiao, but there was no one to be seen; Xuan didn't help them and decided to enjoy the view.
Paimon and Aether also stop to admire the view with Xuan.

"Oh? He's not here?" Paimon said.

"To the blind, everything may not be as it appears..." Said a voice and Paimon yelped as she turned around.

Aether was quick to show the Adeptus the Sigil of Permission.

"Sigil of Permission? You came prepared. Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself. Doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways." Said Xiao as Aether and Xuan tilted their heads in confusion.

"Uhh... Paimon doesn't get it..."

"Too much contact with our world is breaking the rules. Mortal souls are not as robust as those of adepti, nor can your blood carry this level of adeptal energy. It's for your own good. Leave. Now." Xiao said.

"You don't say to me what to do!" Xuan exclaimed as he crossed his arms.

"Yeah! Just wait a sec, we came here to..." Paimon starts, but Xiao disappears.

Xuan clicks his tongue as he frowned.

"Some Adeaptis he is. Adeaptis kucha, gusha Adeaptis." Xuan huffed.

"I didn't expect you to have a strong hatred for someone you've only met; I'm not surprised though." Aether says.

"Argh! Paimon's... peeved just like Xuan! Paimon wants to give him an ugly nickname... but if you tick off an adeptus, the only thing you'll probably ever find in treasure chests is cabbages! Bleurgh!"

"Me don't care... Adeaptis or not, strong or not... I fight you." Xuan said as Aether sighed as he only shook his head.

"That's a very bold claim to make. I wonder, would you really go as far as to go up against an Archon?" Aether queries.

"Me is the Mighty Xuan! Yes I will! Nothing stop me and come in way of me!" Xuan confidentially exclaimed as Aether and Paimon chuckled.

"Anyways, guess we should go ask the boss lady of the inn about just how she manages to talk to adepti." Paimon denotes and they head inside to speak with Verr Goldet.

·

The trio had spoken to Verr Goldet and the woman suggested for them to make Almond Tofu for Xiao in order to get him in a good mood so they could cooperate with them.

After a bit of convincing to a frightened chef and fighting a ghost possessing a Ruin Hunter, the Alomond Tofu was finally made, they now gave it Xiao and give a summary of recent events after he finished eating.

The Adeptus then decides to seek out Moon Carver, Mountain Shaper, and Cloud Retainer. They chatted for a bit before Aether, Paimon and Xuan exited the inn.

"I is tired! I go see Kuzi Celi." Xuan says as he stretched out his arms.

"Okay then. We'll just continue on with the quest, let's meet back at Liyue Harbour if possible." Aether says and Xuan nods.

The Traveler and his Emergency Food bid farewell to Xuan before they head their separate ways.

·

When Xuan arrived to the camp, he was shocked to see that Kuzi Celi wasn't there. Upon further inspection, he saw a few items scattered here and there.

Now growing concern, Xuan began calling out for his guardian, but soon stopped when he spots a trail of blood behind the tent leading somewhere else.

---