X. Trusting the Wrong Person

"Well. This is different." Jacqueline says after taking in her surroundings.

Never has she shifted into a barn before.

There was suppose to be another night in a different city full of souls waiting to be taken. But she she decided to go and spend the day to herself. Now it was sun set. And Jacqueline needed a place to stay for a few days.

A quick break from going from one place to another all the time. Usually she would end up in an abandon house, apartment building or factory to stay in around the cities she used for her hunting grounds during the hours the moon was in the sky.

The reason she shifted here out of all places made her question the source in her head. If it did bring her here then why? She walks around, the steps from her boots making the floor underneath creak. Everything was well put together and neat--from the working area to the small stacks of hey.

And it didn't at all look abandoned.

A big tractor sat in the middle of the barn. It looked a little old and was slightly rusted. But from some of the new parts it had she could tell it could work.

She lifts up her hand and huffs, a small green ball of light coming out of her mouth and floating over her palm. The whole room glowed a brighter color green the more the sun went down.

With the light she used it to inspect more of the big barn, deciding where would be a good place to sleep. She didn't want to draw attention. But of course it happened anyway.

The door of the barn rattles. Signaling that someone was about to come in. Jacqueline quickly pops the ball of light back into her mouth, channeling it back into her body and to her core. The room goes back to being dark. She runs and hides behind a stack of hay.

The door creaks open and she hears slow, cautioned footsteps.

"Who's in here?" A voice asked.

It was a man. Jacqueline lifts up her head enough to see who it was. Her eyes widen.

You've got to be kidding me.

There stood the man who's life she was suppose to end a long time ago. Clint Barton. Hawkeye. And instead of his bow he had a shotgun. The door was wide open, the last few rays of sun light coming in, giving some light to the barn, but not enough for him to see everything.

He scans the room, pointing the gun the same way his eyes went. When he looked over to where she was hiding she quickly ducks back down.

"I know you're there. So just come out."

Jacqueline slowly rises from her hiding spot behind the hay and pulls down her hood, all the while sending the avenger a sheepish smile. Her hands stayed up above her head. Clint keeps his eyes trained on her, evaluating her.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if someone still came in here. I-I just needed a place to stay, I don't mean to cause any trouble sir." Jacqueline says.

"How old are you?" Clint asked.

"Sixteen."

He lowers the shotgun slowly before bringing it down from his shoulder. He raised an eyebrow.