XII. The File, The Witch & The Capsicle

"Stupid stupid things!"

Jacqueline glared in anger at the cuffs that were still on her wrist, keeping her hands bound together. She sat legs crossed on her bed that was connected to the wall of her prison. The cuffs were heavy, and surprisingly she could take the weight of them. But they were very tight and could feel her wrist throbbing painfully underneath them.

Not too long ago Jacqueline tested the theory of the cuffs, though only once; when she wanted to take out the only source of light in the room above her. Not seconds later after her fingers tips glowed green and she tried the flick her finger she was shocked, ending up laying on the ground twitching and gasping in pain.

Luckily her body healed quickly from the shock. And after 30 seconds she was up on her feet in no time. Jacqueline started to bang them against the wall with a loud clang!

"Well, isn't this sad. Just look what you've got us in dear Jacqui. You do know we have a deal, that you have yet to fulfill. It's been a week since we've last taken a soul--and don't use this as being your break, because it isn't! It's imprisonment. You've been taken by your enemies! All because you fell weak to a man on a farm who had children."

She gave a side glance to the green scaled woman in black robes who just appeared out of thin air, and halting in her assault against the metal cuffs.

"Do me a favor, shut up and go away." Jacqueline says.

She was in no mood to talk to this thing right now. The woman's face turned furious, but she opened her mouth and spoke calmly.

"Do you wish to break our deal? You know I'll have no problem with causing you a great deal of pain."

The Source was looking at Jacqueline with cold reptile eyes, while she rolled her own.

"How? You can't kill anyone. Not here, not while these cuffs are on me." Jacqueline said.

The woman smirked from under her hood while taking a step towards the teen who tensed and slumped more against the wall.

"There are other ways. Yes those cuffs do keep from using our powers...I'll have to learn how to break them. And I will I always do. But in the meantime I'd just have to break you instead. I still have control, and I know how much you hate that fact. I could make you think and feel like you're burning from the inside. Use your powers causing you to be shocked by those cuffs again, and again, and again. I could even make you claw your own pretty little eyes out. Sure, you'll heal in time, but I always wanted to try. And it won't even hurt me. Because I can't feel pain. But you can."

Jacquline paled slightly, the different scenarios running through her mind at the woman's words. She hated to say it, but she was horrifyingly afraid of the Source. Always was, and always will be until the day she died. Like that would ever happen.

She grabs hold of the small metal star on her neck, her little piece of Ultron, as if it could help fight of the fear she was feeling in her heart towards the being before her.

"Oh, how I enjoy your reaction. That look on your face, fear in your eyes. I feel such pride in myself." The source says with a smug grin.

"I'll find a different way with t-the cuffs. I can get them off myself, y-you don't have to do anything." Jacqueline stutters.