III. Control

When Ultron landed, Jacqueline jumped out of his arms and onto the snow covered ground. She looked up at the tall building in front of them.

"This...this is-"

"This is you're new home. Well, previous home, minus the Hydra agents that experimented and killed you." Ultron said.

"Yeah, home sweet home."

Jacqueline follows Ultron back into the Hydra base she thought she would never be back at again. He led them inside, flying ahead to the middle of the base, which held machines that were working on....

A metal figure with blue glowing eyes, that was about two inches taller than her landed in front of her, making her jump and get into a fighting stance.

"What the hell?!" Jacqueline said.

Ultron turned around in the air, a smile on his face. With a wave of his hand the robot flew off and to somewhere else.

Jacqueline slowly put her hands back to her sides.

"Sorry, they tend to pop up a lot." Ultron said.

"There are...more robots."

"More of me. I have the one thing the Avengers don't: harmony. No need to worry. They won't hurt, or bother you to much. But they will listen to you, unless I tell them otherwise."

Good to know.

Jacqueline watched as Ultron pulled a chain and things began to shift around. A few robots walked past her, glancing at her before going wherever they were suppose to be going. She looked back to Ultron who gave silent commands or waved his hand at the other robots.

For not being one of Tony Starks robots, he sure does have a lot of Ironman's robotic features.

As another robot walked past her, she felt that pull on the back of her head. Along with that insane buzzing going through her body. Jacqueline shook her head, hoping to get rid of the feeling, but it only made her dizy.

She leaned against a metal crate behind her, closing her eyes for a few seconds. When she opened them, her face paled. She was no longer leaning against the crate but in front of one of the robots, her hand on its chest as it frizzed and malfunctioned.

A burning sensation went threw her arm and spread threw her veins. She was buzzing like crazy, while the energy flowed threw her and to her core, making her chest warm.

Suddenly the lights in the drone's eyes dimmed, and it fell apart onto the ground.

Oh no.

"What was that? That burning sensation in my head." Ultron said.

He was holding onto the back of his head, and when he turned around after hearing metal scrap against the around he was surprised. Jacqueline was kneeling on the ground, picking up pieces of the drone she just destroyed.

"What happened?" Ultron asked.

"I don't know-I-I don't understand. It takes souls-human souls-that thing doesn't have one, and yet I killed it! I didn't mean too!"

Jacqueline stood up and hugged her sides. Ultron flew over and lands in front of her.

"Hey, it's alright Shadow. There are plenty more of me." Ultron reassured her.

"I-It's not that. I'm so confused. My control, my power has been out of whack ever since I've been freed. First shifting into a portable toilet, now this? All that training I had, all that control I had mastered, just gone. And sleep...I haven't-"