V. My Knight In Shining Armor

Jacqueline sat crisscrossed on her bed, in her room at the Hydra base, looking down at her hands that were clasped together on her lap.

A few days had passed and she hasn't talked to, or heard from Ultron since she last spoke to him via drone.

But she had talked to the twins. More with Pietro than his sister.

The oldest Maximoff spent time with Jacqueline whenever he wasn't with his sibling. Which he was always was with Wanda--but snuck away to Shadow when his sister was asleep.

They would stay in her room--since Jacqueline didn't really leave it much--and just talked. About anything. She was asked a lot by Pietro of why she wore that green cloth over her face all the time. She just ignored his question by talking about something else.

Pietro sat on the floor, his arms resting on his knees as he leaned against her bedroom door.

Spaces from each other by Shadow's request.

She just didn't want to risk being too close to him. Her powers had been a bit frizzy ever since they're fight with the Avengers. She has ended up shifting all over the place a lot but not in her accord. Lights went out whenever she seemed to stretch out her arms. And when she found her self accidentally dozing off, anything around her would lift off the ground and float in the air, then drop once she snapped out of it.

And still no matter what she wouldn't rest.

Jacqueline had to use much more will power for her to not want to give in, just pounce on the boy and drain him of life and power.

Pietro told her awhile back that Ultron had gone someplace on business, and that when the time came he was told to bring her to him. Along with Wanda of course.

He also told her--at least a 100 times by now--that Ultron had spoke about her a lot whenever Pietro came to give him a report about how she was doing along with everything else, and he would express how much the big robot missed her.

Which brought the sudden topic about her and Ultron relationship. 

"You and Ultron are close."

Jacqueline looked up from her hands and at Pietro, who was already looking at her. He has been since he came to visit her for the day. But they had been silent for sometime.

Both were wrapped up in their own thoughts.

"Yeah."

"How close?"

Jacquline narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious," Pietro gave a light shrug, his eyes glancing up to the ceiling light above them, "It seems to me that he cares a lot for you."

It was her turn to shrug.

"Yeah, I guess." She said.

There was a pause.

"You don't trust me Shadow."

Pietro's eyes meet hers again and Jacqueline looks back down at her hands as she squeezed them tighter together. Her silence pretty much confirmed her answer.

Pietro sighed,"I just want you to know that you can."

"How can I be sure?"

"I guess it's time I told you...I did promise Wanda anyway."