Chapter 1: Let's Get Dangerous.

"Fucking damnit!" Steve hissed, slamming his hand down on the angry looking engine. His car had been giving him shit for about a week now, he had tried his best to fix it himself. It had worked for a little while, but now it was hissing angrily at him and billowing smoke. "Fuck" He ran a hand down his face. It was hot today, too hot, he didn't like it. That now coupled with him being broken down at the side of the road in the middle of the midday heat, he was grumpy as hell and wanted to throw something.

Where was the nearest garage? Where could he take this to get it fixed? Where would take it this late in the day?

"Hey bud, you need some help?" A gruff voice came from his right, he looked up, blinking in the sun.

He didn't recognise the gentleman, but he was driving a pickup truck, maybe an angel sent to help him get a tow?

"Yeah I uh... well car won't start" He laughed

"I can see that" The guy laughed "Want me to tow you to the nearest garage? My nephew works there, might be able to take a look at it for you?"

"Yeah sure... that'd be great thanks uh..."

"Wayne"

"Thanks Wayne"

Wayne hopped out of his truck and gathered the necessary things, before lining his truck up with the front of Steve's car and the two of them began attaching the front of Steve's car to the back of the pickup.

They drove in silence for a while, it wasn't an awkward silence but well what could Steve really talk about with this guy he didn't know? He just hoped he wasn't an axe murdered or something.

"Do you have any idea what's wrong with it?" He asked

Steve shook his head.

"I don't really know that much about cars, like I've messed around with them, little bits when they've needed fixing, but this is uh... out of my depth" he chuckled

"No problem, I'm sure my nephew will get it sorted in no time, he's good with things like that"

Steve nodded. Whoever this nephew was he hoped he'd be able to fix his car soon, he needed it to get to work. He didn't want to have to walk.

They drove in silence again for a while, before the garage came into view. Wayne parked up and the two of them exited the vehicle.

"Hey Wayne" an older guy in a trucker cap with a pornstache greeted him.

"Afternoon Dave, is my nephew around?"

"Was under the hood of the merc last I saw him" He nodded in the direction of the back of the garage.

Wayne wandered through the garage, Steve took it as a notion to follow him.

"Eddie?" Wayne called out, no response. "Eddie?"

"Yeah one sec!" A voice came from under the car, Steve looked down, noticing a pair of boots and ripped jeans sticking out from under the car. He slid out from under the car, blinking in the afternoon sun. "Oh hey Wayne" His eyes moved from his uncle to the guy standing next to him. A handsome twenty something with mousy brown hair, sparkly hazel eyes and a jawline that would make any girl swoon. "And uh--"

"Steve" Steve said, also taking in the guy that was still sitting on the sliding board in front of the car he'd been working on.

"Steve" He tested how the word sounded in his mouth. "What can I do for you?"

"Well I gave Steve here a tow because his car is well... angry shall we say the least" Wayne chuckled "It's parked out front, figured you might be able to help"