Chapter 18: I'm In Trouble For The Things I haven't Got To Yet.

TW: Drug use.

When the two of them woke up the next morning it was supposed to be peaceful. But instead they were both jerked awake by the sounds of Antisocial by Anthrax blasting through the speakers of the vinyl player.

"Jesus Christ" Steve huffed

"Hey at least she's got good taste" Eddie mumbled, running a hand down his face. "Bit early for thrash metal though"

"It's always too early for it" Steve groaned and pulled a pillow over his head. Eddie chuckled and left him in bed, heading downstairs after pulling on some sweats.

"Morning"

Theo was standing at the breakfast bar licking jam off of a knife.

"Shit did I wake you up?"

"Kinda, but it's not the worst thing to wake up to" He flipped the cover of the album over in his hands. "Steve's not very happy about it"

"Sorry" She mumbled.

As if on cue Steve appeared looking tired, running his hands through his bed hair.

"Sorry Steve" She said, reaching for the volume dial to turn it down.

"Not like I haven't been woken up to that kind of thing before" He looks over at Eddie "Or an amp cranked up way too loud because someone's decided the whole neighbourhood needs an eight AM concert"

"I thought you liked my guitar playing" He pouts at Steve.

"The acoustic one yeah"

"You play guitar?" Theo looks up from her toast

"Yeah"

"That's cool"

"So uh... you start school in a couple weeks" Eddie broached the subject.

"Don't remind me" She mumbled.

"It'll be fine"

"I'll be the new kid" She rolled her eyes "At least at my old school I wasn't stared at all the time, like sure people knew our parents were criminals but they pretty much left me alone"

"Yeah, high school sucked for me too" Eddie laughed. He looked over at Steve "Whereas King Steve had a great time, didn't ya big boy?"

"Okay firstly, don't ever call me that in front of your sister again" He winced "Secondly, King Steve died a long time ago. Killed him" He rolled his eyes, huffing.

"They called you that?" Theo raised an eyebrow, taking another bite of toast.

"Yeah I was... very different in high school" He looked uncomfortable and she sensed he didn't wanna talk about it.

"You'll be there though right?"

"What at school? Yeah, unless they fired me and didn't tell me over summer"

"Okay so I know one person then... you got any scissors?"

"What?"

"Scissors, I need to cut my bangs" She said tugging on her hair. "Need to cut all of it really but I hate doing the back, I can never see what I'm doing properly"

"You want some help?" Eddie asks

"You know how to cut hair?"

"Wouldn't say I know how to do it per say-"

"What about you?" She turns to Steve.

"I mean yeah I cut my own hair" He shrugs "Eddie's too one time"