Chapter 4: Smooth Up In ya'

Steve spent the whole of the next day thinking about his date with Eddie this evening. He'd ducked out of the gym bang on four pm, avoiding all the other faculty that might have pulled him aside and asked him to go be on detention duty. He was not having his evening ruined by kids that wanted to fight and not do their homework.

He drove home as fast as the speed limit would allow, jumping straight in the shower. When he was done he stood in front of the mirror in a towel, he began the task of styling his hair. He'd kinda been known for it in high school, which had followed him into his twenties.

At quarter to eight he was yanking a shirt over his head, it was a dark grey with the sleeves cut off, coupled with some basketball shorts. It wasn't that he didn't wanna look like he'd not made an effort but well it was fucking hot. Plus he liked the way the shirt made his arms look.

There was a loud knock at the front door, he jumped, Eddie was early? He didn't expect that, if anything he'd kind of expected him to be late. Full of surprises. He thought to himself.

"Hey" Steve said gently as he opened the front door, Eddie turned to face him, a grin breaking onto his face.

"Hey yourself" He said.

The two of them took a moment to take in the others' appearance, Eddie's outfit was... actually kinda similar to Steve's, a black tank top that hung loosely off of his toned frame. Black basketball shorts, although Steve doubted he had ever played basketball a day in his life. He'd swapped out the usual boots for some sneakers, this time his hair was loose around his shoulders, it framed his face beautifully.

Steve let him inside and Eddie started asking him about how his day was, he groaned.

"That good huh?"

"Y'know... highschoolers" he waved his hand, making a face. "Convinced that there are more than a few sophomores with a crush on me and it's just... fucking weird" He laughed uncomfortably.

"I dunno, I think if you'd had been my coach when I was in high school I might have actually showed up to gym class" Eddie said, placing the beers he'd brought with him in the fridge. Steve raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the counter as he watched Eddie closely.

"You tell that to the sixteen year old girls" He made another face, grabbing a beer that had already been in the fridge, handing it to Eddie and getting one for himself.

"Well I am not, nor was I ever a sixteen year old girl" Eddie laughed, his face scrunching up in an adorable way "Sixteen year old boy, yeah" He made a face like he was thinking about something before he chuckled around the neck of the beer bottle.

"That doesn't make it any better if I have a sixteen year old boy crushing on me, I think I'd prefer them to be my own age"

"Oh yeah?" Eddie raised an eyebrow, Steve shrugged, taking another sip of his beer. "So like, twenty three is okay?"

"Yeah twenty three is good" Eddie smirked, Steve could see the cogs turning in his mind, he opened his mouth to say something when Eddie interrupted him. "You hungry?"

Yes but not for food.

"Yeah I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go get something or we can just... well I can cook"

"Bold assumption that I don't know how to cook" He raises an eyebrow.

"You can?"

"Why would I not be able to?" (A/N: I always find it's one or the other with these two knowing how to cook so in this story they can bc I think it's cute lmao) He makes that adorable face again. "Kinda like the idea of Steve Harrington cooking me dinner though" He leans on the island, resting his chin on his palm. Steve observes him closely, his shirt hung down exposing the guitar pick necklace, his eyes wandering down over his collarbones, they looked so...biteable.