Chapter 5 ~Hogsmeade Haunts

The third years all gathered around the courtyard dressed in winter apparel, standing in front of Filch and McGonagall. Jack handed his permission form to McGonagall before joining Aura and Y/n. Harry approached Professor McGonagall, but after a heated argument and pleading, McGonagall denied him from leaving Hogwarts grounds due to his form not being signed. Y/n could not believe that after everything Harry had done to save the school, he was not allowed to leave the grounds for just a few hours. Y/n waved at him and he pressed his lips together in a tight line, turning to go back inside.

"We have to go to Honeydukes I've been dying to get my hands on their new Christmas Candies!" Aura squealed.

Jack rubbed his hands together as they took off in the direction of the carriages, "Speaking of Christmas, what are you all doing this year?"

"As far as I'm aware, I'm hoping to go back home and visit London. You?" Y/n said, climbing to sit opposite them.

Jack nodded, "So am I. I can't wait to get back home, away from all of these Sirius Black rumours."

They ended up going to Honeydukes and purchasing a large assortment of candies. Out of pure thoughtfulness, Y/n picked up a Chocolate Frog for Ron as they both had a liking for it. Afterwards, Jack insisted on going to The Three Broomsticks partially because he was about to freeze to death. They entered, securing a table by the fire. A scowling waiter walked up to them and Aura ordered three Butterbeers. As their drinks arrived Jack brought up Sirius Black. "I think he's coming to Hogwarts"

Y/n shrugged, sipping her drink. She couldn't imagine what would happen if he did. Would they send everyone back home? Would the school shut down? "I honestly don't know, but it's terrifying. I never want to be near a Dementor again."

Jack raised his eyebrows, curious to know what it was like. Aura smacked his hand, and Y/n pressed her lips together "Despair. Like I would never be happy again. There was no happiness left in the world." Recounting this experience out loud, the sound of shouting and sparks going off rushed back to her when fell unconscious.

"That doesn't sound good, but don't worry we'll figure it out," Jack reassured.

Y/n would worry incessantly and she knew that something this big would occupy more time on her mind than she would like.

Cedric entered with his friends raising his eyebrows suggestively as he noticed Jack's hand on Y/n's. It wasn't like that and he knew it. He was smugger than one would think.

The three of them grew hungrier and needed food to support the complexities of their conversation. Once their food was ready Y/n went up and grabbed the hot, cheesy pizza and wedges from the counter. Her steps faltered when she spotted Malfoy standing there, a sly grin spreading across his face.

"Well, if it isn't the bookish Hufflepuff," he sneered.

She rolled her eyes, turning away.

Malfoy's eyes narrowed, "Oh, come now, don't be so sensitive. I'm just stating the obvious,"

"Well, if stating the obvious is your only talent, then you must be quite bored most of the time," Y/n quipped.

He chuckled, seemingly unfazed by her remark. "Bored? Not when I have you around you to annoy," he retorted, his eyes glinting with mischief.

Y/n shook her head, returning to her friends. The warm aroma of melted cheese and spices filled the air. Y/n sat back down with her friends, and took a big bite, savouring the rich flavour. "This pizza is something, isn't it?" Jack commented, taking a bite of his slice.

"Yeah, it is," Aura added, as they temporarily forgot about the outside world. For a moment, they were just a group of friends enjoying good food and each other's company.

"You know, sometimes I wish we could just leave all the drama and conflict behind," Y/n said, holding a wedge between her fingers.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" Jack chuckled. "I heard Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor Quidditch match is coming up soon."

Hufflepuff didn't have a chance against Gryffindor, but with Cedric as their Captain, they were working their way up. Y/n played as the Chaser and joined the team last year. They had a good run so far.

Aura played for a while and wasn't fond of it. Whereas, Jack and Y/n were the biggest Quidditch fans you'd ever meet .Y/n clasped her hands together in front of her, asking if they would come to watch. Jack and Aura gave knowing looks, "When have we ever missed a Quidditch game?"