Chapter 11 ~ Whispers of the Shack

Their second Hogsmeade trip of the year arrived and Y/n was strolling the streets by herself. She pushed the door to Honeydukes, the bell door chiming as she stepped inside. She was greeted by the warm and inviting aroma of sugary treats. The shelves were lined with every imaginable confection, from brightly coloured candies to hand-dipped chocolates. Y/n felt a sense of excitement as she gazed at the tempting delights. The crisp air of the shop only added to the sense of enchantment. Honeydukes were always busy, never empty.

At the corner of the shop, she found Seamus Finnigan and Neville Longbottom, as she picked out the usual candies she liked to eat.

She stood before the counter, deftly slipping off her gloves as she counted her money. "Two Chocolate Frogs, one Cauldron Cake, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans." The attendant was most gracious, a gentle smile adorning his face as Y/n expressed her gratitude. Y/n grabbed one Chocolate Frog for Ron. She always did.

She navigated through the crowded shop, the door opening at her touch, revealing the brisk winter air beyond. As she stepped outside, she noticed Neville no longer had his red lollipop.

Y/n made her way back to the Three Broomsticks, where her friends were. Gazing through the frosted window, she observed Aura and Jack, lost in fits of laughter and carefree merriment. Yet, she thought it was best to allow them their moment and stepped away.

Y/n ate her Cauldron Cake taking the sights around her. She had no particular place to be, for once. Perhaps, she'll go see the Shrieking Shack from afar. Her mind was consumed by thoughts of Sirius Black and the haunting familiarity of the name Peter Pettigrew. Her mind tried to piece together any information she knew.

As she lost herself in contemplation, the weight of her upcoming potions competition with Malfoy began to weigh heavy on her mind. The pressure to perform was overwhelming, and she could not help but feel like she was drowning in her responsibilities. Then there was that fateful encounter with the Dementor. She shuddered at the thought of its chilling presence, and she tried to push it to the back of her mind. Despite her attempts to clear her head, the thoughts continued to swirl, leaving Y/n feeling lost and uncertain.

She walked until she found Ron and Hermione standing in front of barbed wire, overlooking the Shrieking Shack. Y/n felt like she was interrupting again. "Y/n!" Hermione smiled.

"Hey," Y/n smiled back her gaze shifting to the abandoned house on the outskirts of Hogsmeade. There were rumours that it was haunted, because of the shrieking noises that came out of it every month. According to Ron, "Even the Hogwarts ghosts avoid it."

"Isn't this just the most magical thing you've ever seen?" Hermione exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as she gazed at the snow-covered trees.

"This is pretty fun," Ron chuckled, making a snowball and tossing it playfully at Y/n.

Y/n remembered, "I've got you a Chocolate Frog, Remind me to give it to you when we leave." She made a snowball ready to throw it at Ron but was interrupted.

Malfoy approached with Crabbe and Goyle following behind "Well, well look who's here. Are you two shopping for your new dream home? Bit grand for you, isn't it Weaslebee? Don't your family sleep in one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy" Ron said defeatedly.

Malfoy looked amused, "Ooh, not very friendly. Boys, I think it's time we teach Weaslebee how to respect his superiors." he said proudly, fixing his coat.

Hermione laughed, standing in front of Ron "Hope you don't mean yourself."

Malfoy sneered, "How dare you talk to me! You filthy little Mudblood!"