Chapter 7: Halloween

The next morning, Liz ran down to the common room. Lorcan, Ginny, and Seamus were sitting in the chairs by the fire talking.

Lorcan looked up when Liz walked in, "Hey Liz."

Liz smiled, "Hey, what's up?"

Seamus grinned, "Planning!"

Ginny smiled, "For tonight."

Liz smiles, "Well since you've been waiting for so long, you can put the leaves in now."

Ginny eagerly pulled out the two mandrake leaves, which she had been protecting, and gave one to Seamus. "Ready?"

Seamus nodded, "Three...Two...One."

They both put the leaves in their mouths at the same time, looking disgusted.

Liz grinned, "It's an acquired taste."

Seamus blanched, "Tell me about it."

Ginny giggled, "We better get used to it."

Lorcan grinned at the three, "Maybe it'll shut you two up."

Seamus pushed him playfully, "Rude!"

Liz laughed at them before she led them all out to hang out by the lake. They kept grinning at each other and messing around throughout their conversation.

                                  ~~~

That night Liz walked with Lorcan down to the Whomping Willow. McGonagall had chosen to trust Liz enough to get Lorcan down to the Shrieking Shack since she knew that Remus and Sirius were already there.

Lorcan sighed, obviously dreading the full moon.

Liz gently patted him on the back as they entered the Shrieking Shack. "I'm right here, Lore. You'll be okay."

Sirius rose an eyebrow at the two, grinning like mad.

Liz knew exactly what he was thinking, "Shut up, Sirius."

Sirius merely grinned again, exchanging a look with Remus.

Lorcan sat against the wall, deep in thought. Liz sat next to him, remaining quiet and letting the boy think. Remus watched Lorcan with a sadness in his eyes.

Then, the light of the full moon shone through the the cracks of a boarded up window. Lorcan cried out in pain as his werewolf transformation started. Remus grimaced but Liz knew he was way more used to it.

Liz gently curled in her animagus form next to the boy she called her best friend, not leaving his side and trying to give him comfort.

Once Lorcan was fully transformed, he stayed close to Liz seeming to be in pain still.

Liz stayed curled by his side.

Sirius barked at the two, Remus sitting there quietly.

Liz tilted her head and then remembered, jumping to her paws and slipping through the doorway of the shrieking shack with Lorcan following her. Sirius and Remus stayed with the two.

Liz made the way to Hogsmeade with the other three following her closely. Once there, she went exploring with Lorcan.

Sirius watched Lorcan closely, in case Liz would need any help restraining him. The potion only helped a werewolf keep their mind, but didn't help all that well with controlling them.

All of a sudden, a figure in a dark black cloak passed by then, watching them.

Lorcan growled as Remus tensed.