Chapter 10: Nicolas Flamel

When Liz and Ginny walked downstairs the next morning, they immediately overheard Ron.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," Ron said to Harry.

Liz merely rose an eyebrow and took Ginny away to go find Lorcan and Seamus. It was the day before term started and Liz had decided that she wanted to find out about Flamel before Ron, Hermione, and Harry did. The trio had mentioned it to the new marauders a while back but the four had been too busy to contemplate it.

Lorcan pulled the three to the library with him while Liz was contemplating.

Ginny frowned, "Maybe it could be in the restricted section."

Seamus sighed, "I hope not. That would mean we would need a signature."

Liz shrugged, "Well Hermione, Harry, and Ron haven't found anything in library books...so maybe we won't."

Lorcan thought for a moment, "I swear I've read about Flamel somewhere though...."

Liz nodded, "Harry says that too."

The four searched through the library's shelves and what felt like millions of books, coming up with nothing. Eventually, Liz ended up on the ground with Seamus, exhausted by not finding a thing after all of their looking.

Lorcan noticed them, "Let's just go somewhere else then?"

Liz sprang up immediately, "I have quidditch practice!"

Ginny frowned, "Did you just now realize?"

Liz didn't answer, hurriedly pulling them to the pitch, "Wood!" She called once they were there, panting.

Oliver Wood looked up, "You're late, Liz!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll get dressed." Liz rushes to the locker room for the girls and slips into her quidditch robes for practice. She hurriedly grabs her broom then and darts back out.

Wood sighs a little, "Well at least you got dressed rather quickly." He turned to the rest of the group, "Okay team! Lets get started."

Harry grinned.

Lately, Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. The Weasleys complained that Wood was becoming a fanatic, but Liz remained on Wood's side and she knew Harry did too. If they win their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years. Liz was determined to let nothing stop them.

During one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Wood have the team a bit of bad news. He'd just gotten very angry with the Weasleys, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

"Will you stop messing around!" he yelled. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really did fall of his broom at these words.
"Snape's refereeing?" he spluttered through a mouthful of much. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."

The rest of the team landed next to George to complain, too. Liz remained silent.

"It's not my fault," said Wood. "We've just got to make sure to play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

Liz frowned, nervous. She knew Harry didn't want Snape around while they were playing...she didn't even want Snape around. Besides, Snape would find every and any excuse to take points from Gryffindor, clean game or not.