Smoking the sorrows away (2)

"Grian what are you doing?"

Mumbo.

He didn't dare to turn around, no he didn't want to see Mumbo's disappointed and sad face, those 5 words were already enough to make him regret everything. Maybe he didn't even see anything, maybe he was just worried that Grian was so close to the cliff.

Grian hoped that at least.

"Not much, just enjoying the view", Grian said, still not turning around.

He heard footsteps coming closer, then someone sitting next to him.

"Show me your wing."

He saw it. He knew that Grian smoked. Not only that, but he knew that Grian hurt himself.

A silent tear slid down Grian's face. He slowly shook his head.

"Grian, please. You don't have to tell me anything at the moment, I just want to make sure that nothing is infected."

The short hermit sighed in defeat and showed shakily his Wing. Mumbo took it gently and inspected it, ignoring Grian's hisses. Based on Mumbo's expression, nobody knew that Grian was in a bad mental state.

"Oh my god, Grian. I'm so sorry.", he mumbled quietly, still inspecting. Whatever happened to the shorter one, he was definitely suffering, maybe even drowning. „It's okay", Grian's croaky voice said.

Mumbo was getting angry. „No Grian! It is not! Nobody deserves to be in that state, YOU don't deserve it. You are probably crying all day and night or trying to hurt yourself, suffering the biggest pain and it is okay? It is definitely not Grian, you deserve so much better! And don't even think of the opposite, I wouldn't know what to do without you, no one would! We all need you, Grian. I need you! Alive!"

Mumbo slung his arms around Grian, letting the tears fall. Grian clearly shocked from this situation muttered a quiet „sorry". „You don't have to be sorry for anything, it's not your fault." "Just promise me to try to stop smoking and hurting yourself, okay?" Grian sighs. "I don't know if I can do that Mumbo..." Mumbo heard the pain of Grian's voice, which made him much more concerned about the young Hermit. "You can grian. I will help you, all the hermits will help you, we just need you to want to get better as well, okay?" Grian nodded quietly, still laying in Mumbo's Arms. "Thanks, Mumbo."