3. 𝐀𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐄

— ♥ ❝ nothing breaks like a heart ❞ ♥ —

❝ your dreams are actually right? " Davina Yamada walked next to Gwen Blake as she shrugged her shoulders, " sometimes " she spoke softly under her breath

Finney was there too he kept quiet the whole time as the three of them looked over, seeing the three guys glaring at Finney.

" there he is " the ginger spoke, Davina flipped him off causing the others to look over. " what was that? " Gwen asked walking confidently still.

Davina was about to explain until Finney interrupt with a sigh and " nothing ", She knew it wasn't nothing she saw the boys go after him towards the bathroom.

" have fun at Susie's Gwen " Davina waved with a little smile as she re put her strap of her backpack over her shoulder, " and you better not eat all the ice cream! " she spoke running off.

He chuckled. " you heard her, don't eat all the ice cream sir " she had a little smirk plastered on her face as they both laughed together, " I'm going to see Robin, you fine walking home? " Davinas eyebrows furrowed as he nodded. " of course, I'll be fine " He smiled walking down the sidewalk.

——

She knocked on a door until a man opened the door, Robins uncle she assumed it was. " hey is Robin home? " Davina crossed her arms breathing steadily, " in the back " he spoke letting her through the front door and into the back.

She walked around the back yard stepping over large sticks until she saw the boy wrapping his hand up again, " you know the more fights you get into the closer you are to failing " She chuckled as he looked at her with a huge smile the moment he saw her.

" Davina hey! " he stood up wrapping his arms around her lightly before pulling away from the hug, " hello mr karate kid " she joked. She always called him these kind of things as he was literally like her karate kid. With the way he's always getting into fights.

" wanna see a movie tomorrow in the drive in? With my uncle and Finney " he asked as he had his hands put together praying for her to say yes, " how could I ever say no to a drive in movie with you and your uncle? " she smiled.

" yes! " he excitedly cheered, whenever Davina would get the chance since the first time she met Robin she would always go to drive in movies with him and his uncle, and now Finney gets to come with which she is even more excited about.

She looked at her watch seeing it was almost supper time already, " I better head back home for supper and before it gets dark " she tilted her head, " oh yeah cool " he sat down wrapping his hand, " I'll see you tomorrow tho for the movie " she side hugged him from where she was standing next to him. " yeah of course, I'll see you tomorrow Dav " he watched her walk off.

——

It was early in the next morning when Davina was walking over to the Blake's house, she wanted to hangout with Gwen and Finney for the day and maybe find a few others to be with.

She approached the front door when she was about to open it she hesitated when she heard screaming and yelling from inside the house.

" Dad, stop! " sounded like Finney screaming with other constant crys and screams behind it, " hey! You stay out of this! " she stood outside of the house listening still not sure to go inside or not, she knew their dad was an alcoholic but never this abusive.

She tried to block out the sounds and ignore it but heard slapping sounds from what sounded like a belt that's what got Davina into overprotective big sister mode as she knocked on the door lightly.

" don't answer that door! " Terrence screamed as she crossed her arms waiting for at least Finney to open the door, she panicked when she heard a bottle smash and Terrence scream.

She rattled with the door handle until she suddenly fell through the door, Finney noticed her but he pretended not to notice her. She mumbled to herself shit as she had a rug burn now from falling onto the rug as she quietly closed the door behind her.

She peeked her head around the corner to Gwen being thrown on the ground, "No, Dad! " Finney screamed at the top of his lungs. Davina closed her eyes and flinched everytime she heard a hitting sound of the belt.

" Terrence! " she finally screamed at him, " all this shit over your stupid eight-dollar bottle of goddamn vodka! " she had terror in her eyes when the man stared at her with the belt.

" Finney, why is she in here! " he pointed to Finney who shook his head, " I don't know " he spoke as Terrence got furious, " I thought I said don't answer the door! " he screamed. " he didn't, I let myself in! " she rested against the wall.

" whatever, listen to me you are not your mother! " -that means you do not hear things that are not there, you do not see things that are not there! " he yelled to the crying girl, " okay! " she sobbed.
"-they're not there, Gwenny! " "okay" she cried, " and your dreams... they're just fucking dreams, do you understand me? " he raised the belt.

——

She glared at Terrence, " what the hell is your problem? " She crossed her arm as she still heard Gwen barely crying in the living room, " she needs to think of what she did " he pointed yelling aggressively, " those are just kids! Be a better father! " she yelled which caused Terrence to get mad and grab her wrist.

" don't touch me! " she raised her hand slapping the old man across the face, " and don't touch those kids ever again you hear me! " she yelled causing the man to just give up.

" that's what I thought you coward! " she yelled one last time before walking into the living room sitting next to Gwen and wrapping her arm around her and her brother.

" thank you Dav " Gwen mumbled as she comforted the two little ones next to her, " you'll be okay, I'm here for you both always. Nobody will ever hurt you guys when I'm here " she softly spoke.

————

AUTHOR SPEAKS

1. sorry guys! I was MIA for a while, I was sick and not as motivated recently.

2. Also sorry this chapter is short I promise for a longer chapter tomorrow or soon!

3. Her and robins friendship <3

4. Cya soon!

xoxo Gib