5. 𝐓𝐎 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

— ♥ ❝ to my lover that went wrong ❞ ♥ —

❝ Last spring, one of the worst springs of Davina's entire life

❝ Last spring, one of the worst springs of Davina's entire life. The spring that destroyed her for life.

" Vance is gone sweetheart " she remembered her mother lowering the phone and looking at her daughter that sat at the kitchen table looking completely clueless.

" what do you mean gone? " she raised an eyebrow, she couldn't tell if she meant gone as in disappeared or gone as in he died and was never gonna come back to her.

" he's been missing for a week now honey " her mother's soft voice tried to stay calm for her  child, " he's probably just at the store, trying to beat his high score " she got up as she put her jacket on before leaving the house.

She headed down the street quickly before making a few different turns until she saw the store that Vance was always at every chance he got to, she opened the door as it chimed before turning her head seeing nobody at the game.

She turned her head to the women behind the cash register, " excuse me was a boy with blonde curly hair and probably a jean vest here at all playing that game? " she pointed back at it.

" no I'm sorry " she spoke staring at the girl blankly as she watched the young girl shove the door open before running away from the store.

——

" sorry Davina, we let him out a while ago " the officer spoke standing behind the counter with a grin, " and we haven't seen him since " he raised an eyebrow trying to get the girl to finally believe him that Vance was not inside the station.

" well I found out today he has been gone for a whole flipping week! " she felt like she wanted to pull her hair out of her head, " maybe we should fill out one of these. " the officer took out a clip board and placed it neatly on the counter.

She sighed before dipping her head, " Vance Hopper " she replied for the name of the missing person as if this station should already know his name and last name by now, " he was most likely wearing a jean vest with the arms cut..- " " blonde curly long hair at his shoulders " she felt a lump in her throat as she started stuttering when describing the boy.

" he has this green almost knitted choker on " she explained holding her neck, "-..he has um " she stuttered a bit, " blueish eyes.. if that's even important " she gulped, his eyes were always so gorgeous whenever she made eye contact with him.

" and probably jeans. " she stopped as the officer finished writing it all down as he tried to keep up, Davina got carried away in describing his looks as she could honestly talk about Vance for days without getting bored of it.

" we'll try our best Davina " he had a frown as he handed the clip board to a detective she recognized, Detective Wright. She turned around before a conversation could even start between the two.

——

Missing person flyers shortly began appearing everywhere around town, every one of them with Vance's photo and information.

She couldn't escape it, no matter how hard she tried everywhere she went all she saw was Vance's face on a missing person flyer.

That was until one day she found the green knitted choker laying on the side of the road near the old run down houses.

She picked it up as it gently traced the tips of her fingers when she admired it, she held it close to her before looking up at her surroundings. " Vance? " she spoke. With no response she called out again, " Vance! " her voice even louder.

she glanced around everywhere for any sign of footsteps or Vance, but there was no Vance to be seen anywhere nor was there any footsteps.

A lump began to build up in her throat as she decided wondering around town, blinking as tear drops slipped down her cheeks onto the ground.

She kept calling his name out every new street she would get on. " Vance! " she cupped her hands around her mouth before eventually slowing down and giving up.

" are you okay? " a high but deep voice at the same time spoke from behind her, " yeah, I'm f-fine " she stuttered slightly before turning around a Man slightly taller then her, hair that was just above his shoulder stared at her.

He had sunglasses on and some kind of red sweater under a black button up t shirt, " are you sure about that? " he spoke again.

" yeah, just lost someone special that's all " she wiped the tears from her eyes, " is it that boy that went missing? " he crossed his arms, she looked at the man confused, " yeah, how did you know that? " she raised an eyebrow.

" I'm just assuming from all the missing flyers everywhere " he chuckled trying to brighten the mood, " yeah, the boy that's missing that was my boyfriend " she gulped. " boyfriend? " he tilted his head, " I'm so sorry to hear that " he shook his head slightly looking upset.

" well thanks I guess " she nodded before turning around and going to walk, " you know I actually happened to see footsteps going that way and a loud scream " he pointed down a back alley that was in between two run down houses.

" did you happen to see who went down there? " she turned around feeling more interested now, " no but I called the police, but they didn't show up " he shook his head disappointed.

" I'll go check it out " she sighed before waving to the strange man before walking down the back alley, the man gave Davina the chills but maybe she was just overreacting she thought.

" hey Vance? Are you here? " she questioned peeking around trash cans before realizing nobody was there, she peeked under things until eventually groaning and giving up.

She headed back before walking around the corner to ask the man something, but the man was already gone, and all she saw was black tire tracks left on the road going in different directions.

————

AUTHOR SPEAKS

1. Short chapter I'm sorryyyyy

2. Miss these two sm

3. Cyaaaa

xoxo gib