Ring Ring

Character: Finney Blake
Type of story: Fluff

Disclaimers: None

Finney watched the phone like his life depended on it

Finney watched the phone like his life depended on it. He was waiting for a very important and secretive call from a friend of his, it was important that his father did not pick it up, and his sister as well. His eyes began to water from not closing them.

Then it rang.

Finney grabbed the receiver and held it to his ear, taking a short breath of relief. "Y/n?" He asked into the phone. He heard a snort laugh from the other side, signaling that it was indeed Y/n he was talking to. "That was quick, were you waiting?" Y/n sat on top of his kitchen counter, something his mother would never let him do if she was home.

"Yeah, well no—i was just in the kitchen." The need to act cool was overwhelming, poor Finney had the same problem with Robin. How he became friends with such cool people was a mystery for sure. "Yeah, sure Finn." Y/n could be heard opening up a can in the background.

"Are you coming over? My mom just left." He spoke so casually, it made Finney feel at ease. "Yeah, wheres your house?" He asked, readying his mind to remember. He walked everywhere, he knew where most places were, but it still helped to know the exact address.

"(-------). I'll be outside," Finney nodded to himself and repeated it in his mind a couple times before feeling confident. "O-okay, I'll see you soon." Finney heard the phone click, then he was able to breathe better. He put the phone down and leaned against the wall, he looked over for a second just to find Gwen there.

"Was that Y/n?" She asked with her stupid smirk on her face. Finney rolled his eyes and smiled a little at her, "Yeah. I gotta go," he said quickly getting off of the wall. "Its friday night, take—" "care of dad, i know." She finished his sentence, smiling at him.

"Have fun~" she teased.