Card Games

Character: Griffin Stagg

Type of story: Fluff

Disclaimers: No real plot, just for some fun

"Griffin! My pops got be a new card deck!" Y/n ran over to his friend, catching him in surprise

"Griffin! My pops got be a new card deck!" Y/n ran over to his friend, catching him in surprise. The other young boy got up from his porch, standing and waiting for Y/n to cross the street and come to his house. A new deck of cards was a luxury, considering Y/n had a father made of stone, he rarely spent money on things he didn't have to, he was a nice man, but very 'cheap'.

"Really?" Griffin giggled. He always giggled; it was pure music to Y/ns ears when he heard it. It was so significant to Griffin that even if you heard it randomly somewhere, the owner was not far from your thoughts. "Yeah! Convinced him, since my birthdays coming up." Y/n explained slamming the brand-new deck on the porch fence, imagining the sparkles like they've seen on TV.

"Can we play? Goldfish?" Griffin asked, helping himself to touching the deck. Y/n hummed in agreement and watched his friend open it with excitement. After about a moment of them discussing who was going first, and how many cards they got each--Y/n grabbed the deck and sat down on the wooden floor, Griffin followed not long after. 

So many days had been spent just sitting here on this old wooden porch, playing games and talking after school days, on the weekends if they were able. Griffin was the master at cheating however, which led them to get into plenty of fights about his habit of 'stretching the truth' which was his way of it seem like he was not at all cheating.

"No cheating this time! I mean it, Griff." Y/n scolded, glaring at him. Griffin giggled, which only meant trouble as far as the eye could see. Y/n couldn't help but smile at his best friend, he couldn't stay mad at him for long--he could argue that he was never mad to begin with. Griffin passed out the cards, pretending not to know what cards he was pulling for himself and for his friend.

"Go-fish!"

"Griffin!"