Tired

Character: Robin Arellano

Type of story: Fluff 

Disclaimers: Mentions of drunk parents, fights, homophobia (yeah, defiantly the 70s)

Y/n hadn't noticed it had become nighttime until he looked over to his bedroom window, the curtains had been left open and only the streetlights shined through them like a night light

Y/n hadn't noticed it had become nighttime until he looked over to his bedroom window, the curtains had been left open and only the streetlights shined through them like a night light. Today had to have been one of the worst days of his life, everything seemed to be going wrong as if it were meant to. First, poor Y/n was beat up at school during lunch, a black eye on the right made it hard to see the rest of the day, then when he got home, he found his (parent) on the living room couch passed out from lord knows how much acholic intake.

He had been in his room lying in bed ever since. He heard his (parent) wake up and slam some kitchen cabinets open, probably looking for another bottle or something to eat. He paid no mind to them, and apparently, they didn't pay mind to him either, since they just took off to their room and slammed the door. Then it was silent. Nothing Y/n hated more than the silence of the house when he happened to be awake, it felt so unreal and so unnerving to his mind.

Tap Tap

Y/n looked over to his window, chills running down his spine at the sudden sound. He sighed with relief when he saw the tanned skinned boy smiling at the window, "Robin?" he quickly got out of bed and went over to the window, unlocking it and lifting it up to let him inside. "What are you doing here?" he asked, happy but confused at the same time. He hoped that this noise wouldn't wake up his (parent), or anyone close by.

"I wanted to come see you after school, but I had to help my uncle with some stuff." Robin always answered so coolly, as if he had no worries for sneaking into someone's bedroom at 10pm. He had that affect to him, making everything lose its worry or its fear, it was as if every time he came around, something in Y/ns heart was able to calm itself down. "Not to sound rude, but why couldn't you wait for tomorrow?" 

Robin laughed a little and sat down on the others bed, getting comfortable as if it was his room. "I just wanted to make sure you were doing good. You know, with what happened today." he muttered the last part, not wanting to bring up the memory that was already cooked inside Y/ns brain. How could he forget? He was outed to almost everyone, and even though it seemed to be just a thing the bullies said to get under your skin, there was truth behind it.

"Yeah, no, I'm alright. I was just tired, so I was taking a nap." Y/n explained, sitting next to him. Robin hummed and stared at the bruising around Y/ns eye, it looked painful and there was no doubt that it was. Robins hand slowly reached up, he put a soft finger on the edge of the yellowish bruise, it felt as if he was trying to wipe it away.

Y/n pushed his hand away, feeling nothing but pain from the gentle touch. "Robin," he looked him in the eyes, frowning at the mere thought of why he was really here. The tanned boy put his hand to his side while looking back at Y/n, his eyes showed sympathy to his friend. He didn't want to see him like this, he didn't want to see anyone like this. "I'm tired, Robin." Y/n said after a few moments of silence, he figured something must have been rattled in his brain that made him this tired.

Y/n shifted further up the bed, lying down. Robin got up and grabbed a throw blanket that was sitting neatly on the other boy's desk, he threw it on him gently and watched as Y/ns eyes fluttered closed. "I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n." he said softly, turning around and leaving out the window. He looked back for a moment before smiling softly, hopefully one day Y/n will learn how to defend himself, whether it be with Robins help, or no one's help.