The Phoenix's flame - 1

Phoenix.

The phoenix symbolizes immortality, resurrection, and life after death. In ancient Greek and Egyptian mythology it is associated with the sun god.
It means to live again. But not anew.

Fire.

Fire was the last and first thing that has been engraved into my being. I saw pitchforks being waved, aimed at me. People cheering, kids laughing and playing, drinks shared, as if they were celebrating. I was trapped. Stuck in one spot as I saw my inevitable demise creep upon my flesh, burning it. Kids were ushered up and encouraged to dump a powder into the flame turning the bright orange embers to a brilliant purple.

I physically chuckled..

How ironic.

The thing I had loved the most was killing me. The color I had cherished was only an insult to injury. "May this pathetic witch be burning in hell for the crimes she has committed upon our land!" Cheers erupted from the crowd of onlookers. There were cusses and slurs thrown at me. Some were aimed at my race to my "magic".  "Fools!" I had shouted out of turn. "You speak when I allow you to you-" "You're all fools! Don't you understand that this world has brought nothing but suffering!? I was doing ye' a favor! And now you'll all burn with me!"

And as the fire ate at my body, as it was peeling and warping, I had laughed. And laughed. And laughed... until I couldn't make a sound other than groans and gasps. My vocal cords ripped a part.

I lived in a quiet town. But I was nothing but a slave to those men. I got tired of family being taken away. Tired of being whipped for taking a short break in the horrid summer heat. And when I figured out how to turn fire into different colors... well... the men wanted to make a profit of it. I made life more harder. And I grew more tired. Everyone did.

So I gave up.

I killed so.. so many within my time. I was 27 I believe. I got caught. It was inevitable. I saw it coming. Everyone get caught, especially in a small town such as that one.

"Please dear, do not make the same mistakes I had. Nothing good ever comes from it. Trust me. Revenge should never be taken to the extremes of death."

"Okay mama.
I will only help those that need help!"

"That's my ember." My flame. My Phoenix.

*vrmmm*
.
.
*vrmmm*
.
.
*vrmmm*

The sound of my phone vibrating wakes me up from my very nice, cosy, [warm/cold], slumber as it incessantly vibrates.
It won. Again. It always does.

*vrmmm*

The music accompanying the sound makes me even more irritated as I sit my phone up in my hand. "Get the fuck up!" It reads. Right before I press the snooze button, another alarm appears reading "it's time to fucking learn dumbass! UP" "if you say so..."
Another alarm pops up saying "lazy ass bitch" I stare at it with disinterest. I close the alarm with an eye roll. I know how to irritate myself, huh? Pushing my own damn buttons.

I stretch and with the satisfaction my back brings when I do so lifts my spirits up by a decimal as I fully get my ass up and into the shower.

"How's it goin' me?" I look to my reflection on the mirror. My hair is (messy from just waking up) (still inside of the cap all... neat...hopefully) and my eyes have bags heavier than my emotions. And trauma. A two in one deal!

I let out a hefty "I wanna go sleep.." and (take off the cap,) step into the shower, which, thankfully, was nice and hot already. With the shower as a small topic, I look back into a conversation I had once with my sister.