First Impressions - 7

As the train rolled into your destination, you were thinking about how people would react to your appearance. Silvia has always said first impressions are important. Mostly emphasizing appearance more than anything along with how you act. Your hand slowly went up your face before reaching your eyes.

Your eyes.

The first thing and the only thing a person is supposed to look at when they talk to you.
Their first impression of you.

The ugly (black or any other color you'd really like) under e/c making it hard for others to want to talk to you. Making others view you as a monster. Your small horns and matching wings making people reel with disgust and their face would almost turn green in color. Your fangs making people nervous "what if they try to eat me?" They'd say within earshot, for your ears anyway. How your voice could barely speak their human language, despite being human yourself.

You would forever despise it.
Despise how easy it is to be seen as a villain, as a freak.
Despise others for fearing that you'd hurt them.
Despise how adults would look at you with pity or disgust.

But you can't change how you look.

"Hey," you felt a hand slowly warp itself around your wrist, a soft warm touch distracting you from your hard cold thoughts. You looked at the white under green eyes. Normal eyes.

He was lucky that he didn't have to look or feel deformed. Being quirkless was better than having one that made you look like a monster. That made you see them.

People will at least not reel at the mere sight of him. Especially kids. Those small things were hurtful.

"I know that look.." he interrupts your thoughts. The same green over white you were jealous of looking at you with care. "I.. you should know that I also know what it's like to be made fun of, right?" You nod.

"Kacchan doesn't 'make fahn' of you though. He hurts." Izuku winces before getting back to his point. "Look, what I'm meaning to get at is, you aren't alone. I'm here with you. A..and if our new classmates uhm say mean things to you about what you look like, then I'll have to beat the villains up! L..like All Might!"

You crack a smile at this, "dork." "Hey! I see that smile, and don't dork me... you're one yourself." You let out a shakey sigh and pat his head in a "thank you" way. You poke him with your tail and laugh at his face.

"Fahnny Izu." He turns red in embarrassment. "Why are you like this..?" "Nox." You smiled and poked his cheeks as he pouted making you smile again.

«——☘️——»

Walking into his new school, Maka went and looked around at all his new classmates. Despite it being dragged on the floor and being insanely heavy for the average human, the ball and chains made no sound as Maka moved about. Though, the kids still didn't like that.

They hated him and his appearance.

"Why do you have that thing all the time?"

"Why do you drag that around?"

"Why can't you talk..?"

"Eww! Look at his skin!"

"Blegh!"

It made him feel.. out of place. It made him feel like he wasn't welcome. And had a right to feel that way. He had a right to be afraid of those kids.

The kids would tease, push, shove, and even use their quirks on him as a test dummy. "What's your quirk?" They would ask. But Maka couldn't reply. Bubbles would only escape from his decomposed lips. The kids would then laugh because they could talk, but he however couldn't.