9. Bye

We're sitting on the mattress waiting. He's holding my hand tightly.

"I call first hit." Robin says.
"Okay." I say smiling at the boy.

I hear a noise coming from the phone.

I turn to it. It's creaking.
"What is it doing?" Robin asks noticing.
"I think it's telling us it's time." I say.
"I think so too." He says giving my hand a tight squeeze before letting go to grab it.

I get up and stand next to him. The lights turn on meaning the doors about to open.

Robin and I look at each other sharing the look that says it all, 'don't die,' 'it's time,' and 'i can't wait to kill this fucker.'

The door opens and there stands a man that looks younger than The Grabber. He also doesn't have the mask.

"No fucking way. I knew he was hiding something from me down here, but Holy Mary, mother of God." He says. Robin and I look at each other.
"Please help." Robin says.
"Can you call my dad?" I ask.

"Oh don't worry he's not here. He had to go into work. I'm Max, guys. Stay stay calm. No wonder he was freaking out this morning. Hey you guys wanna know the story about how I found you?" He asks. I notice The Grabber walking down.
"No. No. No." I say.
"Hey don't worry abt it we can talk abt this...."
"Turn around!" Robin yells.

Just as he does The Grabber hits Max with an axe in the head. I scream as Robin steps in front of me.

Max seems to still be alive as he takes a couple steps before falling dead.

I try to control my breathing before facing The Grabber again. He's now standing over Max's body.

"Look what you made me do. You made me kill my brother."
"No. You're a sick fuck." I say.
"He was an idiot. But he was my idiot." He says.

"I'm sorry Max. Now I'm gonna have to put you with the others. Looks like you'll find those naughty boys after all." He says. He takes the axe out of Max's head.

I notice Robin takes the chance to look back at me quickly.

"What's up with the phone huh? I told you it doesn't work!" He yells at Robin. I notice Robin's arm tense up like he's about to swing.

"Normally I would use a knife. But you two are special. I'm going to take my sweet old time. I want this to really hurt. Samson!" He yells. A big dog comes down. He grabs him and chains him up.

The Grabber then turns back to us holding the axe carefully.

"Now which do I kill first, and make the other watch?" He asks. Robin moves closer to me.

"Y/n. You should be thanking me." He says. I take a sharp breath. "You won't get to watch little Robin here die. But don't worry he'll get to tell you what your dead body looked like right after." He says starting to move closer to us.

"You're not fucking touching her pendejo" Robin says backing up into me. He grabs my arm with his free hand.
"Move Robin." He says.
"Go to hell." He says.

The Grabber swings the axe. I drag Robin out of the way.

We sprint past the dog and jump over the mat.

The Grabber follows after us laughing.
"That wasn't smart you two." He says.

I pull the rope and he falls into the hole. He screams as I hear something crack.

"That wasn't smart." I say.

He reaches for us. Robin hits him with the phone. He screams. He hits him a couple more times.

He grabs where he cut my leg and squeezes hard. I scream and fall unable to stand.
He grabs my head and begins to choke me. Robin tries to hit him, but The Grabber moves me as a shield.
"You won't hit her." He says tauntingly.

I reach up and rip his mask off. He lets me go screaming. Robin helps me up.

He hands me the phone.
"I prefer to use my hands." He says.

Robin gets close to him and starts punching him repetitively.

I walk up to him and Robin steps off and I wrap the phone line around his neck.

The phone starts to ring.
"It's for you asshole." I say. I hold the phone up to ear.

"Welcome to the nightmare end of your pathetic little life!" Vance yells.
"You don't have much time!" Griffin yells.
"Today's the day motherfucker!" Vance yells again.
"Fuck you and that fucking belt!" Billy yells.
"They're the shit!" Bruce yells.
"They did it." Mom says.

"Fuck you hijo de puta." Robin says taking a step back letting me do this.
"Bye." I say before pulling as hard as I can making his neck snap.

I let go and try to stand up.
"Ow shit." I say unable to put much pressure on the leg.

Robin steps over The Grabber and picks me up. He throws my arm over his shoulder.

"Lean on me." He says.
"It hurts." I say.
"I know. I know. I got you." He says starting to walk.

The dog is growling at us.
"Fucking shit." He mutters.
"Robin the meat." I say.
"What?"
"From the fridge."
"You're right."
"Put me down and go get it." I say.

He sets me down slowly.

He gets it and throws it past the dog. He then walks out with my arm over him.

We get to the front door and walk out.

There are cops at the house across the street.

Gwen and Finn and sitting on the curb.

They see us and start to run.

They hug us.

"Careful with his head." I say.
"Careful with her leg." He says at the same time.

They pull away and look at us carefully.
"We're so glad you're okay." Finn says.
"So are we." I say. They laugh. We all hug again.

Cops start running over.
"Basement." Robin says.

Half of them run in. The other half lead me and Robin to the ambulance.

I quickly get checked on my leg. Robin sits next to me.

"We have to take you to the hospital." She says to me.
"Okay." I say.
"Sir you might have a concussion go to the other ambulance." She says to Robin.

"I'm not leaving her." He says.
"Sir-."
"I'm not getting off this ambulance without her." Robin says.
"Please." I say.
"Fine."

(A.n: i can't tell if i love or hate this chapter