Part Two: Hangout Interrupted

Warnings: N/A

Summary: A day after Stark Towers became a self-sustaining energy source, you met the stunning red-head for the first time in four years. Too bad you had to deal with two men along with it.

---

You were waiting.

It seemed like that was the only thing you were doing as of late. Waiting.

At least this time, instead of being out in the cold night for a helicopter to come and billow air into you, it was in a tall, oddly-shaped tower, right in the heart of New York City. Standing by Pepper's side, the only light came from the projection screen above the workbench, showing Tony's face in the Iron Man suit, the glow illuminating your face.

"I can't believe the suit can go underwater," you stated in wonder, watching the man's concentrating face as he instaled the energy rings.

He still managed to quip, however.

It was Tony Stark. What more did you truly expect?

"C'mon, it's me," he scoffed arrogantly, "You really surprised by this?"

"Well, you don't really think of a suit made of metal and electronics not to fuck up in water," you reasoned, then, "Hey, you'll want to be careful. Otherwise, people are gonna start calling you 'Scuba Man' next."

"That may be one of the worst things I've ever heard," he remarked as Pepper smiled beside you, "Good to go on this end," he continued, flying out of the sea and through the air to watch how his tower lit up, "The rest is up to you."

"You disconnected the transmission lines?" Pepper confirmed, "Are we off the grid?"

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy."

"Well, assuming the Arc Reactor takes over and actually works."

"Yeah, I really want my Hotpocket I left in the freezer."

Tony hissed, looking as if he were in pain, causing a spike of worry to rush through you. "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that. I ate it."

Your jaw dropped along with your arms.

"Dude!"

"They were calling out to me!" he tried to reason, "You know how I get snacky when working."

"They eat something else, not my food."

"It was delicious."

"I'm gonna throw off the tower," you threatened pettily.

Pepper quickly rushed to stop this stupid little bickering match between the two of you. Hands raising, one jutted out in your direction, the other towards Tony's face on the screen.

"Okay, enough you two. You're acting like children."

"His fault," you mumbled to yourself, arms crossed over your chest, head turned away from the blonde and the man on the screen, who only laughed in a form of victory.

"Light her up," Tony said, turning the corner, coming face to face with 'Stark Tower'.

With a flip of the switch, Pepper did exactly as the man said. From the bottom to the very top, not forgetting the giant 'Stark' sign, popped to life with bright lights. Making you look around the man's workshop, marvelling at the lit room you had been in many times before, like a kid seeing Christmas lights for the very first time.