Part Eight: The Battle of New York

Warnings: Once again The Battle of New York, descriptions of violence... I think I may be a bit brutal, talking back ig. It's mainly just canon.

Summary: You really had to close that Godamn portal. And kick Loki's ass. That was a must.

---

Apparently, you had spoken too soon.

Because, as soon as one whalien went 'Kaboom!', three more came from the hole in the sky.

"Guys," Natasha prompted, making everyone's attention turn to the horrifying matter at hand.

A sarcastic laugh poured from your lips at the sight.

"Right." You stepped forward. "Well, us standing in a circle was very cool and all, but we gotta get to work now."

"Call it, Captain," Tony said through his mask.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment." Snapping his head to each member, he began rattling off orders, "Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back, or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asked the suited man.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas."

Tne they were off, shooting through the sky. And Steve was back to giving orders.

"Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up."

"I can't believe you just swore," you faked aghast as Thor flew off himself, leaving billowing wind, dusted with ash, in his wake.

Turning to Natasha, the Captain said, "You and me, we stay here, on the ground. We keep fighting here. Y/N-"

"Don't waste your breath giving me orders, Rogers. I know what to do."

Ticking his jaw at your clear "disobedience", the man then turned to the green beast, not wanting to bother with you. "And Hulk... smash."

A smile tore across the creature's face before he shot off into the air, heading for the Chitauri grasping along the buildings and shooting through the sky.

"Yeah, he's enjoying himself."

---

A loud groan left your throat when you were slammed down onto the yellow cab, crushing it with the power the alien had tackled you with.

A dollop of its drool splattered across your cheek as it bared down on you. Reaching up, you plunged your fingers deep into its eyesockets, making it scream out in agony, stabbing a knife from your leg into the back of its skull.

The alien flopped down on you, the sound of electricity filled the air as Natasha took out one of her own, shooing it with its own weapon.

Flinging the Chitauri from your body, you manoeuvred from the crushed vehicle, only to find the red-head reflexively pointing the weapon at Captain America.

"God, these things are disgusting," you remarked, wiping the blood from your hand into your uniform and the saliva off your cheek as you made your way towards the two.

"Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Natasha panted, looking over her shoulder to see the giant hole in the sky. With even more of those fucking things swimming from it.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it."

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," she reasoned.

"If you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride," Steve said as even more aliens slowly began making their way towards the three of you.