Part Seven: "We've Got a Hulk"

Warnings: Grief, talks of the past, tensions, crash landing, Outer space, the Battle of New York and everything that comes with it, graphic descriptions of violence.

Summary: Not long after Loki's planned escape, you figure out where he and the Tesseract would be. You just never expected New York to look like this- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! 

---

On your way through the aircraft, you unconsciously made a detour while looking for the men you had previously been sitting with.

Peeking through the window, you found Clint and Natasha, the man strapped down onto the gurney, caked in sweat, as the woman poured him some water.

You bent forward slightly, peering into the bright red light of the doors lock. Allowing the system to scan your eye before the dull red S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol underneath turned green, clicking the door open.

"-How'd you get him out?"

"Cognitive recalibration," Natasha replied, moving to sit on the make-shift bed beside him, "I hit you really hard on the head."

At the sound of a new voice, the two turned to see you standing in the now open doorway, fist slapping against your palm, "I can hit you again, just to be sure that he's gone."

Clint chuckled, "No, I think I'm alright, Y/N."

"Aw, c'mon, please?" your joking tone quickly turned sincere, "I'm glad to see you alive and not all-" You waved your hand, gesturing to your head. "-Evil anymore, Barton."

"So am I. Thanks for doing that, by the way." He turned to Natasha.

"Oh, now you're just rubbing it in my face."

"Why do you want to hit him so much?"

"I think it would be funny." You shrugged to Natasha, raising your hands up to your chest. "Hey, uh... have either of you seen Steve walking by?"

"You're not gonna try to start a fight with him, are you?" she asked.

"No, actually. Quite the opposite. I think he went after Tiny, and I wanna stop him from challanging him to another punch-up in the parking lot."

"I haven't seen him." Clint shook his head.

Looking over to Natasha, brows raising momentarily in silent question, your only reply was a shake of her head in denial.

"Great," you sighed, "Thanks anyway."

"Need help looking for him?" She asked.

"No, you stay here with Clint," you said, beginning to rear back out of the room, "I think I might know where they are, anyway. Just wanted to ask, just in case. Get better, Barton." A nod to him in goodbye.

It didn't take long for you to find the two men after that.

The room that once hosted Hulk's, then Loki's glass cell.

The room Agent Coulson lost his life in.

"-There was a cellist, I think."

"I'm never gonna find out about that damn cellist," your joke sounded more rueful than anything, thanks to your dull, saddened voice, as you entered the detention room.

Bypassing Steve entirely, you strode your way over to where Tony was stood, upon his own platform, over the giant hole. Pausing a few feet behind him, leaning your forearms against the yellow painted railing.

"I'm sorry," the Captain replied to the man, "He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot."

With your brows raised, you turned to Tony, mildly stunned by his words, until you registered the tears he pushed away behind his voice.