Part Five: Just, So Much Testosterone

Warnings: Arguments, the reader is just trying their best and trying to help ppl, shooting a gun, yelling, threats and challenges to fights, an explosion.

Summary: Tensions arise among the team, leading to arguments and disdain, only for it all to end in a bang.

A/N: If you didn't know already, I feel like I should just let you all know now, I do not like Steve Rogers... or Bruce. Also, I just want to clarify that I know the reader seems like a boot licker here, but they're just a part of a super-secret agency and are trying to keep it that way, while also trying to help the world and defend that. Just like Natasha. Bc, they're both agents.  

---

That third cup of coffee had really worked wonders on you.

Deciding it was best to leave the designated break room before it turned into a fourth, you headed to the lab that was given to Tony and Bruce to work in as to find the Tesseract.

But you weren't the only one who thought the same thing.

"-If we bypass their mainframe," was the first thing you heard come from Tony's mouth as you stepped through the doors, "And direct route to the Homer Cluster, we can clock this at around six hundred teraflops."

"You're doing what now?"

"Oh, hey, Y/N." Tony smiled, moving away from his 'Stark Industries' case, making his way towards the scientist and Loki's spear upon the worktop.

Bruce chuckled at the man, "All I packed was a toothbrush."

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R and D. You'd love it. It's Candy Land."

"Oh, that's a lie," you stated, plopping down onto one of the wheeled seats, spinning around on it, "The real Candy Land is the giant-ass pantry. Snacks galore in that thing."

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I... kind of broke... Harlem," Bruce denied the man's offer as the billionaire grew closer, playing with a metal stick in his hands.

"Well, I promise a stress-free environment."

"Speaking from experience, that does not exist around you."

Tony turned to reason with you, "That's because you've never been with me in the labs."

"I was literally there when you shot yourself into the ceiling. There's been so many times when I was in the lab with you."

"I... forgot you were there for that," he replied, pointing to you with the think metal rod, before turning back to the scientist, "But I promise, there'll be no tension, no surprises."

With the sound of an electric zap, your friend plunged the rod into the side of Banner's torso, causing him to groan out in pain.

"Did you just tase him?" you asked, "trying" to keep the laughter out of your voice.

Just as Tony leaned in close to survey the scientist's face, Steve strutted through a set of doors, disdain on his tongue.

"Hey!"

"Nothing?! Tony asked, shrugging his hands up as Bruce looked at him shocked and confused, holding his side.

"Are you nuts?"

"Jury's out."

"Yes," Tony and yourself spoke at the same time.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret?" he continued to ask the doctor who had returned back to his work, "Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?"