Chapter Four

Tia's POV

With the Alpha all fired up, I know he's not going to take it lightly with me. I looked up and scanned across the room. All eyes were on me. I smiled a little just out of nerves alone. Then I looked down at my twiddling fingers...such interesting little fingers.

"Tia," the Alpha started.

I flinched and looked up nervously but I looked him dead in the eyes.

"I would like to personally apologize for the torment you've endured over the years. If ever you have this problem, you need to speak to someone. Ask for help. This pack is about strength in numbers. We can't have our numbers turning on each other."

He said it sincerely. A softness to his voice and in his eyes. I turned to look at Principal Wen, he was sweating bullets and ungodly pale. I frowned at him as if to say 'speak up or I'm telling on you.' He got the hint and stuttered to the alpha.

"I-I-I'm sorry, Alpha. Sh-she has reported the problem to me and other staff members b-b-but we were too afraid to act rashly due to threats from young master Benjamin and Shelley. I-I sincerely apologize."

He dropped to the floor on his knees and bared his neck in submission. A deep grumble left the alpha's chest. His mouth was closed but it was enough power to literally shake the room. His entire aura reeked of anger. I flinched again and looked around frantically. Beta Axle and Gamma Shane had their heads bowed in submission. This was not a good thing. I looked back to Alpha Artemis, his normally hazel eyes were pure black which meant his wolf was at the front. As Principal Wen continued to apologize and beg, a loud roar filled the room. Beta Axle jumped up to help calm the situation but Alpha was pissed. I didn't know shit would get this real. It wasn't a big deal to me because it had gone on for so long. I knew my ass was on the line because I broke a major rule by shifting inside the school. Everyone was getting punished and I was just stuck in line awaiting my fate. If they keep pissing him off I'm gonna fucking die today!

With all of these thoughts, emotions, and fears, I just started to cry. And I do mean ugly cry. It was a soft sob, but I actually made boohoo noises. The room seemed to go quiet but my emotions were all I could focus on. All I could hear was my sadness and extreme fear in every shaky breath and sniffle. I heard a bit of shuffling and felt a presence so I looked up. Alpha Artemis was behind me handing me his handkerchief with a look of sympathy and sincerity in his eyes.

"Thank you" I said sniffling.

He gently soothed my back and walked back to his seat. After wiping my eyes, I again scanned the room. Beta Axle was still standing with his eyes wide as he looked between the alpha and I. Gamma Shane was seated but had the same look with his mouth wide open. Principal Wen was still on his knees- a sobbing, shaking mess at this point. The alpha rubbed between his eyes and let out a deep breath.

"Principal Wen," he started. "Please take this time to gather yourself. We will have a talk later. You're excused."

The principal left quickly, leaving me with the highest ranked wolves in one room. My heart couldn't beat much faster or I was going into cardiac arrest! It was quiet for a moment so I looked at the trio, tears still leaking from my eyes. Their eyes were in a daze so I knew they were mind-linking. It stayed that way for a solid minute. Quiet. Everyone was zoned out but me. I just looked between the three nervously waiting for someone, anyone to speak. Finally they made eye contact and the alpha spoke again.

"Tia, you have indeed broken a major rule that this pack has held for decades. However, considering all of the circumstances, I don't find that you are 100% at fault. You will not attend high school for the remainder of the year. You will not attend the graduation ceremony. Since you have excellent grades, we can't stop you from receiving your diploma. You will, however, come to be my assistant every weekend until you finish all of your schooling and go into the workforce."

Holy hell! I have to work for him? For the next four years?! That's a death sentence waiting to happen. I could make his coffee wrong or forget to give him a message and then that's the end of me. Dear Goddess, please say this is a bad dream. I'm still asleep at home in my comfy queen bed. This isn't real. This isn't real. I closed my eyes and chanted with tears staining my cheeks. I was jolted back to reality when Beta Axle cleared his throat. I had formed new tears in my eyes and my lip quivered a little.

"Yes, Alpha." I said with a small, shaky voice.

He nodded in agreement and spread his hand to say I was dismissed. I got up to leave and they followed closely behind. Beta Axle opened the door for me to exit. I looked up and nodded and gave a weak "thank you." He gave a small smile and a gentle bow of his head. As I was power walking to the door trying to get the hell out of here, Alpha Artemis spoke.

"You will begin in two weeks, after the ceremony is completed. Say 'hello' to Theodore and Amaris for me."

I stopped dead in my tracks and froze at his words. I turned to give a small smile and a firm nod in agreement. I turned back and practically ran out of the door. This was the beginning of how my life changed forever.