Chapter Twenty Nine

Tia's POV

I ordered the pizza online. I ended up getting a personal panned pizza and a side salad. Liam said he only eats 'rabbit food' on burgers. We made our way down to the living room and thankfully no one was there. I grabbed the remote and sat on the couch that was directly in front of the massive screen. Liam plopped down beside me. He wrapped his arm around my upper back and gripped my shoulder, forcing me to lean into him. I'm not going to lie, it was freaking comfortable. His scent, his warmth, the buzz of the bond...I relaxed into him instantly. I loaded up Netflix and asked what he wanted to watch. Of course he said action so we ended up watching 'The Man From Toronto.' We were deep into it when the doorbell rang. I went to get up but he said not to worry about it. I turned and looked in the foyer and saw Will opening the door. I was about to ask why when Tyler came from the kitchen with all flavors of drinks and a couple of glasses. I looked at Liam in confusion.

"They are not your servants, Liam. You can't make them do everything for you."

"But they are my guards and have to make sure everything I consume is deemed safe."

He smiled. I glared at him and then Tyler and Will. Will doesn't show emotions very often so I wasn't sure what I was looking for in him. But Tyler on the other hand, had this really goofy grin on his face and made me suspect something. I couldn't put my finger on it and he quickly walked away. I grabbed our food from Will, he gave a stiff bow and walked away. Liam sat quietly with a smug look on his face and I eyed him suspiciously too. I handed him his food and opened the fragrant box with my tiny pizza and continued watching the movie. When I had my fill, Tyler came popping back from around the corner. He collected our trash with a smile and scurried off. Ok. Something is definitely going on. I thought to myself. I tried to continue watching the movie but had the nagging urge to question him.

"Liam, what the hell is going on?"

"He just accidently shot him in the ass."

He said, still staring at the TV.

"That's not what I'm asking you. Why is Tyler wearing this goofy ass grin and waiting on us hand and foot?"

"Tyler's a goofy guy."

He responded. Again, still into the movie. I shifted in my seat to face him so he knows I'm serious. He finally turns his attention to me.

"Look, they do these things for me all the time. I don't know what the big deal is."

"You told them something. And you're hiding it from me. I don't want secrets between us."

He sighed and rubbed his hands down his face.

"I may or may not have told them to look out for you."

"Ok...that's not a good explanation. It raises more questions than answers."

He took in and exhaled a deep breath.

"Look, I almost lost you. You have no idea of how bad a shape you were in. All because I didn't protect you. It made me realize that I won't be able to keep you 'on my hip' as you say. So Tyler, Will and Sam are to keep you safe when I'm not around."

"So I have to have huge guards on my trail every time you're not with me?"

"Exactly."

"No, Liam. That's not right. I can fend for myself just fine."

"Tia, you're their Luna. They have to protect you, put their life on the line to save yours."

"Liam..."

"Don't fight me on this, ok? Besides, you won't be able to lift a finger when we get home. So get accustomed to it."

"That reminds me, I need to go home and pack."

"Home? You don't live here?"

"No, Liam, I live with my parents not too far from here. I only stay here on weekends."

"Oh. Well, I'll have Tyler go get your things."

"I can do it myself."

He was quiet for a few seconds.

"Too late, he's already leaving with Robert and Sam."

"Did you-did you just mindlink them after I told you I can do it myself?"

"..."

"You did, didn't you? I cannot believe you!"

"I told you that you won't have to lift a finger."

He smiled. I rolled my eyes and turned back in my seat. I was pouting so he pulled me back into his body and held me tight. We finished the movie in a silence, besides all the laughter from me, and when it was over, I was tired. I yawned and stretched my body and every ache and pain from earlier had set in. I felt so battered and bruised. A look of anguish was plastered on my face.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked.

"I'm really sore."

"Pain meds wore off?"

"I guess. I'm going to soak in a bath."

"I can help you to your room, if you want?"

"I'd appreciate that."

He stood at once and he scooped me up into his arms.

"You really like doing that, don't you?"

"I do."

He said with a smile. We set off towards my room. Once we arrived he twisted the handle with ease while I was still in his arms. I know I've got to be heavy but he carries me around like a basket of laundry. No struggle, no heavy breaths, just slings me around like I weigh next to nothing. He sat me on the bed and went to the bathroom to start running water. It took him a few minutes to reemerge and he stalked over to the closet. I watched his every move as he came out and he went to fish in my underwear drawer.

"Get out of there!"

I shrieked. I went to stand and the throbbing pain shot through my rib. I doubled over in pain and grunted out of discomfort. He rushed to me and helped me sit.

"Take it easy, will you? Geez! Besides, it's just panties."

"It's my panties and not your business."

"Well, go get 'em yourself."

He folded his arms and glared. I looked back at him defeated. I can't even walk on my own right now. He took my silence as an answer and went back to fishing in my drawer. He stopped suddenly and picked up a pair.

"And who are these for?"

He asked while dangling a pair of red lacy underwear on his finger.

"I-I..."

"You, what?"

"I bought them to boost my confidence, you know? They make me feel sexy."

I lowered my eyes in embarrassment. He stood there studying me.

"Well, will you wear them for me?"

"...."

I looked up to him completely blushing and in a state of shock.

Do it, girl. Deva encouraged.

What?! Why?

You know you feel sexy in them undies! He's our mate. Do it for Mate!

"Ok."

Is all I could say. Deva is a little too convincing and I know how he feels about my body. It's all about how I feel about it. Besides, he's already seen me naked.

He carried me to the bathroom once the tub was filled. He had put in some bath salts and bubble bath and ran it to the perfect temperature. I waited until he closed the door before I started to undress. I was barely able to lift my legs over the tub but I didn't want to call him for help. I sank deep into the water and closed my eyes in relaxation.