Chapter Twenty

April's POV

After the confrontation with Tia, I was hurt. And at the running risk of being punished once again by Alpha, I was infuriated with myself. Why do I always fuck things up? I was trying so hard to make things right. I know what I did in the past was unforgivable but I really expected her to have a milder reaction. I had hoped she was over it. I guess if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd feel the same. I really didn't like Shelley very much in the past but it was safer to be her friend rather than being her target. I've slept with a lot of guys so she had leverage on me. We even did a threesome with Benjamin and I was totally embarrassed. She took video of him throat fucking me and having sex with me. She threatened to share it with the pack! I know I had been drugged because I never remembered what happened. I looked completely passed out in the video and she was laughing in the background calling me names. We weren't even drinking that night so it wasn't like I was simply fucked up. I remained cordial with her because Benjamin made me. And after the argument, I really just needed to vent. She wasn't the first person to come to mind but I figured she wouldn't judge me. I made my way past the territory limits to Shelley's cabin in the woods. She could be a listening ear while I sort through my problems. I know she's borderline insane so what's the worst that can happen?

"Shelley, I need to talk."

"Hey April. Yeah sure. Come in. Excuse the mess. I just, I don't know what happened."

"It's ok, I'll be brief. I'm just a little frustrated is all."

"Hey, it's ok. You can talk to me. How's Benjamin? Has he convinced his dad to let me back? Have you talked to my parents?"

"Benjamin's fine. I haven't seen him much. I'm not sure about alpha and haven't seen your parents."

"Well that's fine. I'll be back in the pack in no time. We're going to get married, ya know? He's going to kill his dad and bring me back, I know it. That's my pack and everything's going to be perfect, you'll see."

"Yeeeah, well that's not why I came here. I just needed someone to talk to. I tried apologizing to Tia about the things that happened in the past. She got really upset and the alpha overheard us. He said he'll deal with it later and I just got a mindlink from my mom about a gathering this evening. I don't know what to think of it."

"He's probably announcing his retirement. Benjamin is going to be alpha. I'll come back and be Luna. I knew this would happen!"

"I don't think that's what it's about, Shelley. I think it's an announcement about the rumors that's being circulated."

"Rumors? What rumors?"

"There's a rumor spreading fast about the alpha of alphas, Liam Onyx. He's on the territory and people are saying he developed a relationship with Tia. He's only been there since yesterday and I know Tia, she wouldn't just jump into a relationship with anybody. She never gave any guy a look of interest. I think they're mates. I saw hickeys all around her neck. Why else would Alpha Artemis be so upset that I questioned their relationship?"

"Tia?! The mate of the highest ranked alpha in the country?! You're shitting me! That fat bitch can't live a life better than mine! She's beneath me! Look at me, I'm fucking gorgeous! All I need is a little makeup and some better clothes and I can run circles around her! She's the reason my life is a fucking living hell!"

"Shelley. You can't blame her for what you did. You made your own bed to lay in. What did you think would happen? You know what, I don't even know why I came here. You're so self-centered and your head is stuck so far up your ass that you don't see what's really happening in the world around you. You're never going to be the fucking Luna. Benjamin doesn't give a fuck about you if you hadn't realized. You deserve the life you have. Don't expect me to keep helping you, find your own way from here on out. You're fucking pathetic."

"You bitch! I'll fucking kill you! I'll have Benjamin banish you from the pack!"

"Guess what, Sweetheart. I've been fucking Benjamin ever since you drugged me. The only reason he comes to you is because he pities you. You're a fucking worthless waste of space. I'm outta here."

I turned and left immediately after. I could hear Shelley screaming at the top of her lungs and smashing things in the cabin as I walked away. Fuck that psycho bitch. I've hated her for years. I hope she rots in hell.