ten

zayn looked over at juliet with tears in his eyes. he had never seen her this upset: watching as her cheeks reddened with every second, seeing as her droplets of water fell from her cheeks and onto the bedding, her hair was dishevelled and her make-up was a mess.

"i'm a good fucking mum! i always, always care for jasmine. . . always. or am i? i stopped her from seeing her dad in public eye because i was scared of her privacy, you can't go into public with her; alone. shit, shit. am i a bad mum?" juliet rambled her words as tears fell faster from her eyes, her voice a whisper to not wake sleeping jasmine.

zayn shook his head at her words, watching as she cried harder: "fucking hell, jul. you're really gonna let some random cunts decide whether you're a good mum or not? you're a amazing mum, you do everything in order to protect that little girl you love so much."

juliet raised her head as she looked down at her phone, seeing the trending hashtag #TerribleMother being shut down. she smiled slightly before zayn inched closer towards her on the bed, tears continued to fall once she scrolled down and saw the horrible tweets.

he took the phone from her hands, turning it off so juliet couldn't torture herself more.

his hands reached her cheeks, wiping the tears with his dry thumbs before the mascara smudged beneath his fingertips. he chuckled slightly as he saw the messy make-up, running his other hand through her brunette locks before she leaned her cheek into his touch.

"fuck them," zayn said, juliet feeling herself become tired from the amount of crying she had endured. "yeah. fuck them," juliet repeated before leaning back into the mattress, letting her eyes drop as she fell unconscious.

once zayn noticed she had fell asleep, he jumped up to remove her shoes and grab some wipes to remove her make-up.

zayn placed the dirty wipes into the bin within the bathroom, looking over at juliet on the bed before covering her body with the blankets and exiting the room. he was angry. enraged that people would say terrible things about juliet's parenting when they had never met her, they had never even come close to getting to know her, and they judge her.

he poured himself a drink, seating himself into the colourful living room before grabbing his phone and looking through the tweet on twitter. then he saw it — the whole members of one direction fighting against the accusations.

louis | @Louis_Tomlison
don't be fucking cunts against
juliet #TerribleMother
678K RETWEETS | 579K LIKES

harry | @Harry_Styles
i keep seeing a lot of one direction fans
using the trend #TerribleMother
against a good friend, juliet ambrose,
and it's making me extremely disappointed.
remember TPWK.
5.6M RETWEETS | 1.4M LIKES

niall | @NiallOfficial
im seeing this trending #TerribleMother
and i just watched to say, i'm gutted
and disappointed in those who listen to
one direction, or any of our solo music,
saying shit like that towards juliet.
819K RETWEETS | 621K LIKES

liam | @LiamPayne
don't be saying stuff like that towards
juliet. #TerribleMother is a lie.
467K RETWEETS | 710K LIKES

zayn | @zaynmalik
i don't wanna hear any shit about
juliet being a #TerribleMother
she's the most amazing mum i've
ever met, and i'll always stand by that
and help protect jasmine and juliet
from people like you wankers
2.6M RETWEETS |  5.7M LIKES

he smiled at all the tweets before looking down at juliet's phone within his hand, putting it on charge so it's good for her in the morning. "daddy. . ." zayn's head snapped around the corner when he heard the sleepy voice of jasmine ask. he watch as she rubbed her eyes and held a giraffe teddy within one hand.

"jas, why are you awake? somethin' happen?"  asked zayn before jasmine walked closer to him and climb onto the couch, into his lap. she snuggled close to him before he ran his fingers through her hair: "i heard mummy crying earlier. is she okay?" 

zayn felt his heart drop. hearing your parent cry over being a 'bad parent' is something you never want to hear in your lifetime, you never want your parent to doubt how they raise you. especially if they've done everything to protect and raise you to their best ability.

he looked down at jasmine, blinking through his eyelashes before nodding his head and placing his chin on top of jasmine's head. "she's fine, jas. happy tears," he didn't want to lie to jasmine, but she didn't deserve to hear that her mum was upset. he had to protect her from the sadness and doubt.

"oh, okie," jasmine whispered before dropping to sleep in zayn's arms.