Chorus (Eight)

"So

"So...I'm embarrassed."

"And why would that be? I'm the one in my boxers, here."

"Did you not hear my stepmother calling us downstairs to—wait.  Why are you half naked though?"

I cringed as I realized that yes he was, in fact, only in his underwear.

Fuck, I really tried not to look, but—

Those were his sculpted abs on display, mere inches away from me. My mouth practically watered at the sight as he finger combed through his sleep addled dark brown hair and set warm brown eyes upon me, though they didn't wrinkle in disgust at the state of me.

"Do you not remember tearing my clothes off of me last night?"

What. The. Fuck?!

"Um. No...?"

He must've taken the panic on my face for something else, because even though he was half naked, I was still very much fully clothed, so I was half positive we hadn't done anything last night.

Maybe.

Flashes of flushed silhouetted skin in the moonlight streaming through my windows.

I could've sworn my lips tingled at the memory that I'd carry around in my pocket for the rest of my days.

"Shit. No, don't worry, I wasn't that drunk. I remember everything. We didn't do anything."

"But clearly I wanted to do something."

Embarrassment colored my cheeks bright pink in the balmy morning sunlight slanting through my curtains and bouncing across the pale pink walls of my room.

Kade looked entirely too pleased with himself.

He was grinning like a fool, and I hated that I didn't want to smack that smile off his face.

"Nice room, Ives. Very...girly."

The death glare I threw him was not hard to conjure, and the pillow that I threw at him made a satisfying smack against his face.

"Ivy! Your father is here now!"

Catalina's tinny voice interrupted the playful repertoire of the morning, and Kade noticed my change in attitude immediately, reaching down on the ground to grab his clothes that I apparently tore off of him in my ravenous desire.

Yep, that blush definitely wasn't going away anytime soon.

"I should probably—"

"Yeah."

And then Kade slid out of my sheets, the motion making a sleek hiss as he finally dropped his feet to the ground.

I watched in what I hoped was mild disinterest as he slipped his shirt over his head and pulled both legs into his jeans, but in all honesty, it was a wonder my mouth wasn't hanging wide open with drool spilling out of it at what I was watching.