𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

"I don't know who will have a better night tonight, me or you

"I don't know who will have a better night tonight, me or you." Emily laughs as she locks the salon's door.

"Why don't you and Kasey come to the show with me? Wouldn't that be a fun date?" I smile.

She gives me a look. "Yeah, I don't want to pretend that she's just a friend with everyone when I'm on a date. We do that all the time. At least in the comfort of my apartment, I can treat her like she deserves."

I sigh and wrap my arm around her shoulder as we walk down the street. "You're right. At least you'll have the apartment to yourselves."

Emily laughs. "You might want to stay with Eddie tonight. I can't promise our activities will stay within my bedroom."

I playfully shove her. "Come on! Have some respect for your roommate. If not for me then for Luna."

I'm thankful that Eddie's show is at the venue a couple of blocks from my job. I'm just hoping my heels will make it. I thought the heels would add a nice touch to my more casual black jeans and Corroded Coffin band shirt.

I'm bursting with excitement for the show and I've been riding on this high all day at work. I haven't heard from Eddie today, but he said last night that he wouldn't be able to check in due to his busy schedule.

We have spent almost every day together. Eddie has made it a point to fill his free time with my company, which is mainly in the evenings after I get off work or early mornings before he starts his day.

"Thanks for walking with me," I tell Emily as we round the corner of the venue.

"Of course. I'm not going to let you walk alone." She smiles, but then her mouth drops. I follow her stare and notice the outside of the venue is completely flooded with people.

"Uh, how are you going to find your way in?" Emily asks.

"Eddie said there is a side entrance. Let's go this way." I start walking with Emily's arm looped in mine.

We make our way through the crowd and past the long lines. People are wearing different Corroded Coffin shirts and merch. I can't help but smile as I look down at my shirt. The very first Corroded Coffin shirt that was made, the one that Eddie gave me in '86.

We reach a door that has a sign above it that reads Staff. No one is standing near it and the door is shut. I pull on the door, but of course, it's locked.

"Are you sure this is it?" Emily asks as she looks around.

I look at her and shrug my shoulders. I knock on the door and wait. A few moments later a man opens the door. He's wearing a shirt that says the venue's name and a security badge on it. He doesn't look thrilled to see me and I wonder if he thinks I'm a fan wandering around.

He doesn't say anything, he only looks at Emily and me. "Uh, I'm here with the band." The words sound silly as they roll off my tongue.

He closes the door. I look back at Emily with confusion on my face.