𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

Bells chimes as I pull open the door to the convenience store

Bells chimes as I pull open the door to the convenience store. The lights within the store cause my headache to worsen. The last time I was sick was when I lived with Robin and Liz. I'm definitely craving Robin's homemade soup right now. I felt fine yesterday and then I woke up feeling like I got hit by a truck.

I walk toward the aisle that carries cold medicine because I'm pretty sure that's what I have. It's taking me longer than normal to find the right aisle since I've never been in this store before. It was on my way home to my apartment and seemed like it would have what I needed.

A girl walks past me and stares. Do I look as bad as I feel? I ignore it and turn down the last aisle. I look around and quickly find the cold medicine. I grab a box of kleenex on my way to the checkout stand.

I really hope Eddie is not feeling sick. I woke up this morning and he already left for his meeting with Kevin. God, I hope everything is going okay.

I stand behind an older lady at the checkout stand. She's talking to the cashier about her grandson as she placed her milk and fruit on the belt. Standing here is making me realize how weak I feel. I can't wait to crawl into my bed.

A group of girls walk behind me whispering and I slightly turned back to look at them. They are staring at me. What the hell? Is there something on my face? Feeling self-conscious I wipe my face and brush my fingers through my hair. Do I have something on my clothes? I look down at my jeans and don't notice any stains or holes.

As I'm examining my outfit I notice the magazines displayed next to me. My heart almost stops beating at the sight of me on the front cover. I almost drop the box of tissues as I reach down and grab the magazine. The photo is of Eddie and me after his concert. He's shielding me from the paparazzi, he has one hand out as he yells and I look stupidly terrified. The title of the magazine reads: Eddie Munson's mystery girl?

I don't think I'm breathing as I stare at the cover. I'm absolutely mortified.

"Ma'am?" The cashier calls out.

I look up and notice the older lady is gone. The cashier is staring at me. "Oh, sorry," I mutter, my voice almost caught in my throat. I shove the magazine back on the stand before setting my items on the belt.

I look around and the group of girls is gone. No one else is staring at me and I let out a small breath. I need to calm down. I just need to get home. God, I should have taken Eddie up on his offer and just hung out at his place today, even if he wasn't coming home until late.

I pay the cashier for my items and walk out. I start walking down the street and for some reason, I feel like everyone is looking at me. I think I'm beginning to sweat, and I don't know if that's because I feel sick or because I'm anxious. Fuck.

I turn the corner and start walking down the street to my apartment building. I almost drop my bag when I notice a couple of men standing outside my building that are holding cameras. Oh my God. They know where I live?