𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

THIS IS A BONUS CHAPTER

Eddie's POV of Chapter One

Why did I stay out so late last night? Fuck

Why did I stay out so late last night? Fuck. I unbutton the top button on my shirt and sink deeper into my seat. I stare out the car window as we drive down 44th street.

My head is still pounding, so I pull out a joint from my pocket. I glance up at Mike, my driver, before lifting the joint to my lips. I've had a few drivers over the past year, but Mike knows how to mind his business so I like him.

I roll down the window before exhaling the smoke. I might need something stronger than this to get through today. Doing shit like The Morning Show has to be my least favorite thing, besides having to deal with Selena. The thought of her has me taking another hit. I enjoy the peace while I have it.

"Mr. Munson? We are about to pull into the lot." Mike says.

That's my queue to put out the joint. I take another hit before lightly licking the tip of my finger and thumb and pitching the tip of the joint. I toss it in the ashtray on the floorboard, which is another reason why I like Mike because he caters to things that others don't.

We pull down the street where the studio is and I can already hear the screaming. I keep my window down so I can greet them.

Mike takes a turn into the lot of the studio and people are lined up on the sidewalk waiting. Once they spot me they start screaming. I lift my hand and wave at them. This is something I'm still not used to, having fans. It's strange.

Mike drives us through the gate and parks. He always jumps out and runs to try to open my door. I find it funny to open the door and jump out before he makes it around the car.

"Maybe next time, buddy," I say with a laugh and pat his shoulder as I walk past him, making my way to the studio doors.

"I'll be here when you finish the show, Mr. Munson," Mike says closing the car door.

I wave back at him before grabbing the handle of the studio's doors. Jesus H. Christ, when will people stop calling me that? I can't count how many times I've asked him to call me Eddie.

"Mr. Munson, welcome to The Morning Show." A woman with auburn hair smiles at me as I walk in. And there it is again.

She's wearing a name tag that reads Laura. "Good morning, Laura," I say with a smile.

Her face changes at my words and her smile finally meet her eyes. She seems surprised that I said her name. It makes me laugh a little.

"Um. Uh, please follow me. I was told you didn't need hair or makeup, is that right?" Laura says as she starts walking. "I mean, hopefully not because the show starts soon." She looks down at her clipboard.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. The radio show I was on before this ran behind." I mutter.

She looks at me and smiles. "It's no problem, Mr. Munson."