Chapter 3

" save it with the fucking theatrics,
Cameron, it's old news".

          " save it with the fucking theatrics,                    Cameron, it's old news"

" you guys will be rearranging the art stock room, they are boxes with labels. Now sort".I looked at the mountain of art supplies. looking down at the white school top, knowing it would get stained.

I tuned out Cameron arguing with the teacher. I walked over to a box and started sorting the contents.

" Miss Clyde is doing it just fine Mr drew, so stop arguing and sort. I'll be back in an hour".

I heard Cameron sigh and start to unbutton his shirt. " what the fuck are you doing? Keep your shirt on".

He rolled his eyes and sighed. " I have a shirt under, I don't want to stain my shirt dumbass".

I didn't reply and continued to place the contents in the correct box.

I watch discreetly as Cameron did the same.

It was silent except for the noise of art supplies being moved around.

I winced as I nicked my hand on a box cutter, not realising it was on extended.

" you okay?". I ignored Cameron's question as I looked around on the shelves for a first aid kit.

" Is there a first aid kit in here?". He looked at the shelves and back at the drawers on his left.

I quickly moved to them and opened the top one. Bingo

I grabbed the bag and pulled out plaster and cover my cut.

" did you cut yourself?".

" Yeah, there was a broken box cutter".

He didn't reply but just took the bag out of my hand and put it away.

" throw the box cutter in the trash then".

I did what he said, better than anyone else getting cut. I continued to put away the last few supplies in my box.

" how come you came to this school".

I rolled my eyes. " what's with the small talk?". He pulled a frown.

" I'm bored okay?".

I didn't meet his gaze and picked up another box to sort. " then sort till you not bored".

He groaned at my sarcasm. " just answer the question".

I paused what I was doing and turned around once again to meet his gaze.

" Because my dad made me okay?".

" why?".

I thought over the question in my head. I honestly didn't know why, probably didn't want me at my mum's. He probably wanted to act like a caring dad.